Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

archive.org using MoOde Audio
I may have asked this question back in the 3.0 days on the old discussion group. Asking because still don't have a solution and it may benefit others.

What is the best way to automate a feed of an archive.org audio collection on Moode? (https://archive.org/details/audio

An example FLAC (matrix recording) https://archive.org/details/gd1977-05-08...d2t03.flac 

Thanks in advance for any discussion.

energyi

just fyi gear: rpi0, 0w, 2b, 3b, 3b+, 3a+, 4b4 using usb audio, suptronics x400 and x5000's.  
motivation https://other2funstuff.blogspot.com/2016...parks.html
Interesting project.

Are u streaming the tracks over the Internet or playing the downloaded files from locally attached storage?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ah, another Deadhead!

Admittedly, I've usually used archive.org to find other materials (like dead websites and old industrial films), but I've always given up trying to search their holdings in a systematic way via their website. The word "eclectic" seems inadequate.

What kind of a UI would you envision if you aren't first downloading files to local storage (in which case you're back to the usual moOde UI)?

Regards,
Kent
(07-19-2019, 04:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Interesting project.

Are u streaming the tracks over the Internet or playing the downloaded files from locally attached storage?

Would like to stream. Thanks.
Anyone know how to stream archive.org music with Moode Audio?
(08-01-2019, 04:09 AM)energyi Wrote: Anyone know how to stream archive.org music with Moode Audio?

Quick 'n dirty trick-

I just cruised the Live Music Archive (a part of archive.org) and selected at random "The Andy Coe Band Live at the Blue Moon on 2019-07-29". 

On that page I was offered a variety of download options starting with "24-bit FLAC (13 files)". Rather than fuss with downloading files into a directory accessible to moOde, I looked down the list until I found a playlist "VBR M3U". I didn't download it. Instead I copied the list's link address and used it to define a new "Andy Coe Band" Radio Station. OK, so it's VBR MP3 instead of FLAC but it's very listenable. Unlike a radio stream, of course, this "station" will play its 13 tracks and quit. Bonus---the tracks include a little metadata.

Now, if only I could similarly cut-n-paste the link to the nice Andy Coe Band "cover" image into the station "Logo". Had to deal with it the old fashioned way.

Regards,
Kent

PS - if you look at that Grateful Dead Live page you'll find a streaming playlist link.
Looks like they have a JSON API.
https://archive.org/help/json.php

This would allow a Browser to be developed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks TheOldPresbyope, good option. I'm assuming a JSON API would be slightly better, or Mr. Curtis wouldn't have mentioned it. Thanks.
(08-01-2019, 06:25 PM)energyi Wrote: Thanks TheOldPresbyope, good option. I'm assuming a JSON API would be slightly better, or Mr. Curtis wouldn't have mentioned it. Thanks.

Sorry to jump in so late, but is the conclusion that there is no easy way to browse archive.org for dead concerts on Moode player?  I am very new to Moode...

If not, what about configuring one of the Dead radio stations?

Thanks for any help.
I don't think the browser was developed but TheOldPresbyope's quick and dirty trick still works.

Open the Archive session you want to play and "Copy link address" of the "VBR" link under "Stream playlist" (right side of page half way down). Go to your Moode radio stations page and open the add new station icon (+, top left). Add your title, paste the link and add a JPEG logo if you have one (optional) and click "Create". If you then "Refresh" your Moode radio station page, your chosen session should be there waiting for you to play.

When added to playlist the tracks just show as "Streaming source" but Moode will resolve the track details as it starts playing each one. If you want, you can quickly skip through each track at the start and the track details will populate the playlist.