Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Squeezelite can't be undone
Starting squeezelite in mo0de 6 is easy. However, stopping it again is quite a task.

Clicking on disconnect doesn't do anything. The Squeezelite-layer is still on top and nothing else is available.

If I point the browser directly to http://IPADDRESS/snd-config.php#notarget I can turn off squeezelite.
You have to turn it off in LMS. If LMS is not running, Squeezelite has no way of knowing its on/off state and it defaults to ON.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-13-2019, 07:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You have to turn it off in LMS. If LMS is not running, Squeezelite has no way of knowing its on/off state and it defaults to ON.

It wasn't like that in v4. But I admit it works. I might like it at some point, though I would like the ability to turn squeezelite off from mo0de.
OK. It's cool. I never thought it would work like that. very nice!
After a quick test I see that "disconnect" is not functioning. Thinking about it a bit I'm not sure its even possible to offer a disconnect feature for Squeezelite because unlike Airplay and Spotify renderers, Squeezelite does post post start/stop playback events that could be checked in an event script. I'm only able to detect the Power on/off events.

I think my options are to (1) remove the disconnect option or (2) change it to "turn off" which would perform the equivalent of turning it OFF in Audio config. You would need to turn it back ON again in Audio config to use it.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
I've been turning squeezelite on and off in Audio Config since squeezelite was introduced in moode Smile
How about replacing the disconnection option with quick instructions like "Turn off squeezelite in LMS to return to Moode"
I'm not able to repro this. Just ran a quick test with LMS 7.9.1 from my Mac Air and the On/Off functionality works perfectly. The overlay is shown/cleared almost instantly.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-24-2020, 01:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro this. Just ran a quick test with LMS 7.9.1 from my Mac Air and the On/Off functionality works perfectly. The overlay is shown/cleared almost instantly.

Same here running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832  on my Linux Mint box.