Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Library on Mac Mini
Hello All,

first time poster here, greetings to all!

I just bought Allo‘s new USbridge Signature. I installed Ropieee to listen to Roon. I was recently pointed to moOde and I installed it on a Raspi 4 powered with a Shanti linear power supply. The library was on an external SSD connected via USB to the Raspi 4. I very much like the sound of moOde and I naturally, I would like to install moOde on the USBridge Signature.
Now the USBridge has no extra USB port for connecting an SSD. Therefore, I have to access the audio library stored on my Mac Mini.
I tried to do this by configuring the path with my Mac‘s IP number, followed by the directory where the library is. Regardless which way I tried, I got the error message ‚Share can‘t be empty‘.
Could someone point me how to correctly define the path leading to the library on my Mac?
Any input is highly welcome!
Best regards!
(10-23-2019, 07:57 PM)biomoode Wrote: Now the USBridge has no extra USB port for connecting an SSD.

I asked Allo about this and was told that any of the three USB ports can be used for a hard drive. So if you are using a USB DAC, you can presumably use one of the ports labelled 'Wifi/BT'.
The SIG has 3 USB ports.

Post a screen shot of moOde NAS Config screen and also the Sharing screen from Mac System Preferences.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-23-2019, 09:12 PM)jonners Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 07:57 PM)biomoode Wrote: Now the USBridge has no extra USB port for connecting an SSD.

I asked Allo about this and was told that any of the three USB ports can be used for a hard drive. So if you are using a USB DAC, you can presumably use one of the ports labelled 'Wifi/BT'.

Great suggestion! Will try tomorrow and report back. Thanks!
(10-23-2019, 09:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The SIG has 3 USB ports.

Post a screen shot of moOde NAS Config screen and also the Sharing screen from Mac System Preferences.

Will do that tomorrow! Thanks
(10-24-2019, 12:56 AM)biomoode Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 09:12 PM)jonners Wrote:

Great suggestion! Will try tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

I tried the direct connection of my USB SSD to one of the USB ports and it worked great. Thanks for hinting me to this. Now Allo does not recommend connecting a SSD to USbridge Sig directly and suggests the use of a hub between. So I need to figure out how to have my Mac Mini as a server for my library.
(10-23-2019, 09:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The SIG has 3 USB ports.

Here's a screenshot of what I am trying to do: In the 'Library Config' -> 'Music Sources' I am trying to put the path on my Mac holding the library in. I don't know which type of server I have to choos (Samba/NFS/UPnP). Whichever option I try, moOde wouldn't accept the path I define for my Mac.

Thanks for input!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ummm, "share media with guests" isn't checked on the Mac Sharing screen but you are trying to access the share as user "Guest" according to the moOde Music Source screen. This would seem to be at least part of the problem.

Regards,
Kent
(10-24-2019, 03:23 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Ummm, "share media with guests" isn't checked on the Mac Sharing screen but you are trying to access the share as user "Guest" according to the moOde Music Source screen. This would seem to be at least part of the problem.

Regards,
Kent

So, I checked 'Share Media with Guests'. Would you know what credentials are required for accessing the share? User name/Password???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-24-2019, 03:31 PM)biomoode Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 03:23 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Ummm, "share media with guests" isn't checked on the Mac Sharing screen but you are trying to access the share as user "Guest" according to the moOde Music Source screen. This would seem to be at least part of the problem.

Regards,
Kent

So, I checked 'Share Media with Guests'. Would you know what credentials are required for accessing the share? User name/Password???

I'm not a Mac user, but as the information bubble in moOde tells you

Quote:Try userid = Guest and a blank password unless your NAS device requires a specific userid/password.

NOTE: Single and double quotes are not allowed.