Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Anyone using an Android tablet as a control point?
I am looking to dedicate a "computer" as a control point for my stereo systems.  

MoOde on a couple of USBridge Sig boxes in two systems will is the primary local music playback.  (Music on my NAS)

I also will want to use Tidal and Qobuz.  That means a UPnP player.  

I am thinking of a new Galaxy Tab S6 for this job.  The size seems about right.  

I am VERY open to other ideas.???!!???

What are you using?  What do you like/dislike?
(11-20-2019, 03:59 AM)bobfa Wrote: I am looking to dedicate a "computer" as a control point for my stereo systems.  

MoOde on a couple of USBridge Sig boxes in two systems will is the primary local music playback.  (Music on my NAS)

I've used Google Nexus 7 and 9 tablets in the past and currently use an Apple iPad 9.7 (5th edition) or my Google Pixel 3A phone. There are UPnP control point apps for both OSes. Choose your poison. Tim and swizzle have worked hard to make the moOde UI usable with various screen sizes and orientations.

None of my devices is dedicated to this use. I'd look for an inexpensive used tablet if that were my intention.

Regards,
Kent
(11-20-2019, 03:59 AM)bobfa Wrote: I am looking to dedicate a "computer" as a control point for my stereo systems.  

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (32GB) model for that purpose.
Thanks for the idea. My Plan is to use the web browser for MoOde and something else for Qobuz and Tidal. I may also want to mess other streaming services.

The reason for a “new” device that has reasonable horsepower and has a chance of staying updated. I have been playing with an iPad as the control point and I am not finding APPS that make me happy! In my consulting business I need to stay fluent in other operating systems and Android Tablets are out of my view. The last one I had was the Nexus 7.

Qobuz and Tidal streaming are my major missing pieces. I am trying to get Qobuz to fix their Desktop UPnP beta and then give it to us on mobile devices.

I am a squeaky wheel that will not take oil!
(11-20-2019, 07:39 PM)bobfa Wrote: Thanks for the idea.  My Plan is to use the web browser for MoOde and something else for Qobuz and Tidal.  I may also want to mess other streaming services.

The reason for a “new” device that has reasonable horsepower and has a chance of staying updated. I have been playing with an iPad as the control point and I am not finding APPS that make me happy!  In my consulting business I need to stay fluent in other operating systems and Android Tablets are out of my view.  The last one I had was the Nexus 7.  

Qobuz and Tidal streaming are my major missing pieces.  I am trying to get Qobuz to fix their Desktop UPnP beta and then give it to us on mobile devices.  

I am a squeaky wheel that will not take oil!

For Qobuz and Tidal on Android, Mconnect works very well.
Mconnect is also available for the iPad, works very well with Tidal and Qobuz.
Is a Chromebook an option?
(11-20-2019, 10:59 PM)grasshopper Wrote: Is a Chromebook an option?

it might be.  Moode UI looks ok and there is an Android App Bubble that seems to work.  I suppose if I got wone of the smaller ones.  I have a bigger faster one for customer demos.

I do like touch screen tablets though!
I use a 10" android tablet (Huawei Mediapad) as a dedicated, main control surface for Moode.

For the browser I use the "Samsung Internet" browser based on Chromium, this has been the best performing browser for me that also works in full screen (just save a shortcut to Moode's URL to the home screen, the shortcut then launches in a full screen session).
My library's pretty big at about 82000+ tracks so I've found that the CPU performance of the device running the browser is important to how responsive the Moode web interface is when there's that much metadata to navigate.

For Spotify I use the Spotify app connecting to Moode's librespot service or the Chromecast Audio.
For Tidal I use the BubbleUPnP app which can access the Tidal library (other services such as Qobuz & Google, etc. is supported) and send it to Moode via UPnP.
Thanks for the idea. I am currently playing with running Audirvana on a Mac and using their A+ app on devices.