Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Update Hint
I just recognised , that my installation with 5.x was outdated. While I am not every day on the forum, I do a regular query within MoOde to check for system updates. And here is the problem: it seems the build in check only checks on minor releases !? I would love to have the function also check for Major Version changes ! 

Doesn't mean, that it should be possible to also install with that function major releases ! Just a hint, that there is a major Release available would be good enough.
Thats a good idea. I'll add to the TODO list.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-25-2019, 12:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats a good idea. I'll add to the TODO list.

Any news on this ? I am still on 6.4.2 as the system check tells me I am up to date Sad
You can check and download the latest image from here http://moodeaudio.org/
(05-15-2020, 09:03 AM)kit1cat Wrote: You can check and download the latest image from here http://moodeaudio.org/

Sure - I always could ring the door bell of Tim Curtis, but that was not the intention. If you use the built-in check, it states, that the software is up2date - but in reality it is not ( as there is a unrecognised major upgrade).
So the check should also recognise, that there is a major upgrade that needs a new SD card ....
(05-25-2020, 08:01 AM)UpsiUps Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 09:03 AM)kit1cat Wrote: You can check and download the latest image from here http://moodeaudio.org/

Sure - I always could ring the door bell of Tim Curtis, but that was not the intention. If you use the built-in check, it states, that the software is up2date - but in reality it is not ( as there is a unrecognised major upgrade).
So the check should also recognise, that there is a major upgrade that needs a new SD card ....

A 'major update' means that the changes to the MoOde operating system do not permit JUST an in-place update and, implicitly, the download of the new ISO file from moodeaudio.org. A major update is warranted by a new Raspbian version and a new Linux kernel.

There is little point in having a warning system about an update that cannot be done IN-PLACE... Most of the MoOde users are visiting the moodeaudio.org site if not frequently at least from time to time just to  keep up with the news... such as 'major update' available and info regarding the update (one may decide that it's not worth the effort afterall)
"There is little point in having a warning system about an update that cannot be done IN-PLACE..."

Can't really agree with you there Mike, any update available should be made known, whether or not it can be in-place or not.

A simple text notifying of an image update with a link to moodeaudio.com would be enough.

Anyway Tim says it's on the list and low down I would have thought.

regards

Paul
Even though major updates mean a new image download rather than in place update, I too think there is merit in a notification.
It can be seen from the queries in the forum pages that not all users regularly "check in" to MoOdeaudio.org or even the forum to check on updates.
Many, if not most, software apps advise the user if an update is available, so why not MoOde?
MoOde is, after all, the leading Pi music software. ??
Right, its on the todo list and maybe it will make the cut for 6.6.0 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@grumbleweed & @BackinBlack:  I apologize for my dumbed-down view on the matter of 'update warning'... I guess (in my defense) that because I have a look on the MoOde forum for keeping abreast with the possible news and mods almost daily I have developed a narrow view losing the wider perspective... Shy