Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't hear any sound setting MPD SoX compansating Kernel bug
It's not obvious to me what's going on and I don't have a Kali/Piano anymore so I wouldn't be able to try and repro your issue even if you sent me one of the files.

Maybe another user with kali/piano might be able to help you out.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@doronbehar

NixOS is an interesting choice. Someday I may even try it myself in place of the usual suspects. But moOde's what we're talking about so let's move on...

I'd suggest 1) you go back to default MPD settings so you can at least play your FLAC files and 2) you copy one of your known-not-to-play MP3 files to some file-sharable account such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc., and send me the link in a PM. I don't have the same hardware either but if I examine the file and try playing it using different SoX settings here I might come up with useful information.

With FLAC files playing again, you can try various MPD/SoX settings. I'd have to guess that if there were something generally wrong with MPD/SoX/Kali/Piano we'd hear more about it. After all, this combination is used in other players too. Perhaps you've found a conflicting set of parameters but I have no way of judging. You might ask on the Allo Audio Club.

Regards,
Kent
Oh my god what a foolish am I! Sorry to bother you so much with this Tim, the volume was muted! Blush Thanks again for creating this software.

Cheers!
(12-14-2019, 04:21 PM)doronbehar Wrote: Oh my god what a foolish am I! Sorry to bother you so much with this Tim, the volume was muted! Blush Thanks again for creating this software.

Cheers!

All's well that ends well!