Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New PI-4B revision
Hello

I'm still newbie for moOdeAudio and its forum thus if you feel something wrong for me, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And I am non-native for English thus maybe write strangely, please allow me if you see such wordings.

First of all, I am very satisfied with this great project. It works perfect for me and has dramatically improved for my audio life.

Recently I got a raspberry Pi-4B newly and tested with moOde 6.4.0.

It worked greatly, but also found that system info shows my Pi-4B as "Unknown Pi-model".

I have dig into some and found that my Pi-4B is newer revision (see below) than the moOde code recognizes (from /var/www/inc/playerlib.php).

On my PI-4B, /proc/cpuinfo  returns Rev. 1.2 although I believe moOde recognize up to 1.1.
-----------------------------------------------
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 108.00
(snip..)
Hardware        : BCM2835
Revision        : c03112
Serial          : 100000000ac60c60
Model           : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2

-----------------------------------------------

I believe this is not prioritized, as I see the issue only that I cannot select experimental 64bit kernel, but I will be glad if you add official care for Pi-4B v1.2 in the future. 
I have checked the raspberry pi official web and found that this revision is officially listed.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../README.md

# By the way, I am Japanese and living in Japan. 
# As far as I have heard from the reseller, this 4B 1.2 is the version that covers "Technical Standards Conformity Certification of Specified Radio Equipment" in Japanese law (need to sell in Japan, I can confirm the cert logo/# is silk printed on back of pcb) and is also fixing the USB-C circuit errata, thus all of PI-4B being sold in Japan should be rev 1.2.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
@Hiroshi Aiko

Very interesting and thanks for the heads up. I'm sure Tim will add this to the upcoming moOde release.

As an aside, I don't believe the 64-bit kernel adds value in our application.

Regards,
Kent
Ya, I can prolly slip this change into 6.4.1
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis

Thank you for your paying attention to and quick response for my post.
I am looking forward to the next version then will update here if it works after my confirmation.

@TheOldPresbyope

Yes, I also fully agree we will get almost no value for 64-bit kernel. I fully understand the term of experimental, and this will be just for my hobby if I test 64-bit kernel.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
Hi,

I have now in-place updated moOde to 6.4.1 and confirmed it is working fine, recognizing Pi-4B 1.2 as expected.

Thank you for your quick support on this!

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
I saw this thread as it relates to what I am seeing too. I have a recent Pi 4B and I see this:

[Image: 7J1Gfg4.png]

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/cpuinfo

<snip>

CPU revision    : 3

Hardware    : BCM2711
Revision    : d03114
Serial        :
Model        : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

I'm using the current version of moOde - version 6.7.1
We added the rev code for the new 4B in upcoming moOde 7
Enjoy the Music!
That”s great. Many thanks for the update.
Just got a few Pi 4B 2GB and Moode 7.0.1 is again showing Unknown Pi-platform

Hardware : BCM2711
Revision : b03114
Serial : 100000007ed03036
Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

And I thought the above is added already?

It still works fine. But how do I turn off Wifi bluetooth etc when the UI is showing the options?
Fixed in upcoming 7.1.0
Enjoy the Music!