Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Connect two Pi-s - one as mpd player with one as mpd server
Hi,
How can I set up a system where a Pi with moode audio installed is used as an mpd player and connects to another Pi with moode audio, used as a mpd server?  Files are stored on NAS, shared with NFS. Sad    
How can I use the "connect to other moode players" feature?
Thanks
Lacas
Hi,

I'm curious what's the goal of using a pi as a client and one as a server ?

You can basically use one who run moode (the player) connected to the NAS and control it with URL (GUI of moode) or with a MPD controller app (exist on android, ios, windows, mac, linux...)

Another solution is to active squeezelite option on moode and install LMS on a computer or the second pi then connect to the urlofmoode:9000
Hi,
The reasons:
  • I have two systems: one dac connected to a pi connected to an amp, and a Chord mojo connected to a pi. I would like to update only one library for the two players.
  • I read (and agreed) that the best sound quality can be achieved with a separated music server and minimalistic headless music player.   

Previously I have used picoreplayer on a Pi 2B set as LMS, and a Pi 3B+ with picoreplayer set as squeezelite client, music files stored on a NAS. I compared the sound quality of the Squeezelite renderer of moode to native moode, and found the latter sounding much natural, so I decided to change to moode based playback.

Thanks
Lacas
(02-04-2020, 04:58 PM)Lacas Wrote: Previously I have used picoreplayer on a Pi 2B set as LMS, and a Pi 3B+ with picoreplayer set as squeezelite client, music files stored on a NAS. I compared the sound quality of the Squeezelite renderer of moode to native moode, and found the latter sounding much natural, so I decided to change to moode based playback.

I think that's your best bet, maybe give a try to squeezelite with moode and LMS
(02-04-2020, 04:58 PM)Lacas Wrote: Hi,
The reasons:
  • I have two systems: one dac connected to a pi connected to an amp, and a Chord mojo connected to a pi. I would like to update only one library for the two players.
  • I read (and agreed) that the best sound quality can be achieved with a separated music server and minimalistic headless music player.   

Previously I have used picoreplayer on a Pi 2B set as LMS, and a Pi 3B+ with picoreplayer set as squeezelite client, music files stored on a NAS. I compared the sound quality of the Squeezelite renderer of moode to native moode, and found the latter sounding much natural, so I decided to change to moode based playback.

Thanks
Lacas

You might be referring to MPD's proxy plugin.
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/plugins...roxy#proxy

I was going to add a config for this in moOde some time back but there was really no demand for it.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-04-2020, 08:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 04:58 PM)Lacas Wrote: Hi,
The reasons:

Thanks
Lacas

You might be referring to MPD's proxy plugin.
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/plugins...roxy#proxy

I was going to add a config for this in moOde some time back but there was really no demand for it.

-Tim

Hi Tim,
thanks for the quick response.
Lacas