Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mount Synology NAS?
The scan function has started working again and can see my NAS and share. Choosing the source from the scan results the error has changed to:

20200316 164903 worker: Job sourcecfg
20200316 164904 sourceMount(): Mount error: (Unable to find suitable address.)
20200316 164907 worker: Job updmpddb

Which seems confounding as I got it from the scan.

Really, really befuddled,

John
I don't know if this is any help, my NAS is shown as Music (192.168.1.81) to get this I have to manually enter the path 192.168.1.81/Music. It never works using a name in place of the ip address. I then enter user name, password and Name (Music). Scan as never worked for me.
Listener - have you tried just entering the server path manually as (NASname)/music? That's what worked for me.
(03-17-2020, 01:48 PM)Thram345 Wrote: Listener - have you tried just entering the server path manually as (NASname)/music?  That's what worked for me.

Yeah, I have tried every permutation I could think of:
name/share
ip/share
name
scan result (several of these)
parameters: vers 1, 2, 3, and default and the added ntlm parameter
And a few more from hints on the forum.

No joy.

I'll try a mount with a competing product later today when I get some time.

Thanks Thram,

John
@Listener

Have you tried setting up an NFS share on your Synology NAS? From time to time, folks on this forum have recommended it over SMB. I prefer SMB because of my mix of systems, but, both protocols work for me, and, given the oddities you are reporting, maybe NFS would be the better choice.

Searching the InterWeb ™ for other reports of SMB/"sourceMount(): Mount error: (Unable to find suitable address.)" has turned up only a couple of discussions. They were all over the map in terms of suggestions and I couldn't tease out of them just what the core problem is and how it relates to Synology. If I ever figure out how to induce this error, I'll report.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
@Listener

Incidentally, I infer that your desktop system is running Windows. If it's Windows 10, have you install the Windows Subsystem for Linux? 

That's a great way to gain the Linux command line without leaving Windows. For example, the smbtools such as smbclient and smbtree are available in my system, so I can examine the details of the SMB resources on my LAN when my laptop happens to be booted into Windows instead of Linux. The Windows File Explorer hides too much for my liking.

Regards,
Kent
(03-17-2020, 03:19 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Listener

Have you tried setting up an NFS share on your Synology NAS? From time to time, folks on this forum have recommended it over SMB. I prefer SMB because of my mix of systems, but, both protocols work for me, and, given the oddities you are reporting, maybe NFS would be the better choice.

Searching the InterWeb ™ for other reports of SMB/"sourceMount(): Mount error: (Unable to find suitable address.)" has turned up only a couple of discussions. They were all over the map in terms of suggestions and I couldn't tease out of them just what the core problem is and how it relates to Synology. If I ever figure out how to induce this error, I'll report.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

Highly recommend using NFS, could never get smb to work.
To enable, edit music shared folder and add NFS settings (change ip to use your own network ip setting)

[Image: cvzHSGB.png]

In moode, add music source (use your NAS IP, not mine!):

[Image: m4Vs6M5.png]
Listener - I've looked at all my settings and don't see anything obvious. I suggest you open an account with Synology, similar to registering your product, free of course, and after doing so you will have access to the website where you can post a trouble ticket. Synology is EXCELLENT at service and have always gotten back to me in 24 hours or less, sometimes much less. They were very helpful when I was setting up my router (RT1900ac) and my NAS (DS218j) for internet access and streaming remotely. Good luck.
(03-17-2020, 03:26 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Listener

Incidentally, I infer that your desktop system is running Windows. If it's Windows 10, have you install the Windows Subsystem for Linux? 

That's a great way to gain the Linux command line without leaving Windows. For example, the smbtools such as smbclient and smbtree are available in my system, so I can examine the details of the SMB resources on my LAN when my laptop happens to be booted into Windows instead of Linux. The Windows File Explorer hides too much for my liking.

Regards,
Kent

I do have it installed and actually spend most of my time on a Linux machine, however MoOde requires Windows... It did not occur to me to use it to troubleshoot this problem. Will do. Thanks!

John
(03-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Listener Wrote: ... MoOde requires Windows...

How does MoOde require windows
pi / MoOde = linux
syno nas = linux

nothing here requires Linux.

Confused:-|