Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Question about HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP
Hello,

before getting an HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP board, I'd like to know if it will possible to connect my flatscreen to the Toslink input of the board and get the sound on my speakers connected to RCA or Toslink outputs.

If it's possible, what will it involve as for the moOde configuration itself and what will be the eventual limits of a such setup ?

Thanks in advance
(04-19-2020, 05:14 PM)romain Wrote: Hello,

before getting an HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP board, I'd like to know if it will possible to connect my flatscreen to the Toslink input of the board and get the sound on my speakers connected to RCA or Toslink outputs.

If it's possible, what will it involve as for the moOde configuration itself and what will be the eventual limits of a such setup ?

Thanks in advance

I've received and setup my HIFIBerry DAC+ DSP board ; it works as expected above without any configuration.
Hi Romain,
I'm also looking for some advice before buying this HAT from Hifiberry.

On your setup, do you use multiple input, i.e: TV from toslink, Spotify and radio from Moode itself?
I'd like to know how does Moode can handle this.
Hi Pouet,

my TV is connected to my moOde player via toslink and I use the RCA output. I listen to the radio from my phone via embedded bluetooth and to my music from a local samba share. I don't use any web service for music otherwise.

Note that I have had to set up DSP toolkit on my moOde player in order to install a new DSP profile without automute for analog output. It won't be necessary if you use the toslink output however.

Instructions to install DSP toolkit: https://github.com/hifiberry/hifiberry-dsp

DSP profile without automute for analog output: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hifibe...tomute.xml

Everything works as expected now.
Thanks a lot for your quick response Romain!
I'm going to try this HAT and see if I can set up the system I want.

I'll probably ask you more advice in a near future, especially about the DSP Smile