Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How do I actually listen to Tidal on Moode?
Hello, I set up everything properly,
Spotify is working fine but I'm unable to get tidal to work, I entered myusername/password in the moode settings, have the Hifi tier, but nada. I'm probbaly missing something obvious... thank you!
It's not possible to play Tidal natively in Moode. What device do you use to connect Spotify to Moode?
You can stream Tidal to Moode using a UPnP app such as BubbleUPnP (Android), or Linn Kazoo, though the latter will be troublesome - there's a thread about it: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2528
I'm using the Tidal iOS app, (like I do with Spotify that works perfectly).
Why are you able to input loging credentials for Tidal in the settings menu if it doens't support native play?

Thank you,
My understanding is that if the UPnP Media Browser is turned on in Moode you should in theory be able to turn your phone off and continue to control Tidal play from the current playlist on Moode UI.
BUT you would need a UPnP app such as mConnect or Linn Kazoo installed on your phone in order to do that. I have no experience of mConnect. I use Linn Kazoo on my Macbook but as I mentioned previously there are 'issues'.
(06-23-2020, 08:06 PM)Blue566 Wrote: I'm using the Tidal iOS app, (like I do with Spotify that works perfectly).
Why are you able to input loging credentials for Tidal in the settings menu if it doens't support native play?

Thank you,

You'd use a UPnP app that can access Tidal such as mconnect on iOS or BubbleUPnP on Android.
(06-24-2020, 05:40 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 08:06 PM)Blue566 Wrote: I'm using the Tidal iOS app, (like I do with Spotify that works perfectly).

Thank you,

You'd use a UPnP app that can access Tidal such as mconnect on iOS or BubbleUPnP on Android.

Thanks People,

What's the difference between Upnp and Airplay? Sound quality etc - I understand they are both loseless? thank you
(06-24-2020, 06:03 PM)Blue566 Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 05:40 PM)vinnn Wrote:

Thank you,

Thanks People,

What's the difference between Upnp and Airplay? Sound quality etc - I understand they are both loseless? thank you

I prefer UPnP for sound quality and reliability, but YMMV.
I use mconnect and upnpbubble preferring the first because it supports software decoding of Mqa and is capable of streaming 24bit 48khz to moode renderer.

Maybe they have legal restrictions and can’t stream 24bit 96khz because I’m pretty confident they are technically capable.

Hopefully in the near future they will update mconnect to have this high res support.
Thread moved to Support.
----------
bob