Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

White background - Text hardly readable
My setups.
Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacBook Pro : Updated browser version this AM. White screen for Playback, Music and Radio. BUT black for any Configuration Screens. This is after new build of 4.2 on Sunday

Chrome Version 69.0.3497.91 on iPad Mini 4 : Works ok if a little slow

Safari Version 12.0 (13606.2.11) Works OK on MacBook Pro.
(09-18-2018, 09:12 AM)aBrianH Wrote: My setups.
Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacBook Pro : Updated browser version this AM. White screen for Playback, Music and Radio. BUT black for any Configuration Screens. This is after new build of 4.2 on Sunday

Chrome Version 69.0.3497.91 on iPad Mini 4 : Works ok if a little slow

Safari Version 12.0 (13606.2.11) Works OK on MacBook Pro.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this still sounds like a poisoned browser-cache problem. Generally, the cache would not be cleared in an update to the browser.

I'm running latest updates of Chrome in iOS11 on an iPad 9.7, in Linux Mint18.3 on a laptop, in Windows10 on the same laptop, and in Android 6 to Android 8 on various tablets and a smart phone. 

I'm not having any white-screen issues with the moOde UI that weren't of my own making. When it has happened I've been able to fix it by clearing just the cached images and files from Chrome's browsing data. Tim also recommends clearing the browsing history but I haven't had to do so. YMMV.

All hosts except the iPad 9.7 (2017) are running Chrome 69.0.3497.100; it's running Chrome 69.0.3497.91.

In addition, I've tested the moOde UI repeatedly against latest updates of Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Safari in various OSes. I don't have access to any MacOS hosts but I believe Tim does his development on one.

Regards,
Kent

PS - Minor differences in the moOde UI layout do crop up on the various browsers/hosts due to the way their layout engines map the Javascript/CSS into the viewing area but @swizzle and Tim have been touching up the code and it's getting harder and harder for me to notice any difference whatever during testing.
(09-15-2018, 10:59 PM)Тим Кертис Wrote: We test with both Chrome and Safari so I'd be surprised if it were a Browser issue.

Whats needed is for someone to post a set of steps that can be used to reproduce the issue, otherwise it may not be possible to troubleshoot.
I reproduced the problem on a new build. I chose Accent color = Alizarine, Adaptive fone = Yes and clicked apply, auto-refresh went. Moode was updated and again everything is white and does not roll back. 2 non-working systems) The problem is not in browsers.
I'm not able to reproduce the issue using the steps you listed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@aBrianH and @fedormil - are either of you able to use the developer tools in Chrome? If so PM me and we can try to see what's going on in the browser when the white screen happens.
(09-18-2018, 09:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to reproduce the issue using the steps you listed.

At me rpi zero w, the reason in it can? I also noticed, that after the appearance of a white background, appeared a few processes kworker, and the process php 7.0 went away. Is it possible to reinstall web ui manually or at least transfer the settings to a new build?
(09-19-2018, 07:12 AM)swizzle Wrote: @aBrianH and @fedormil - are either of you able to use the developer tools in Chrome? If so PM me and we can try to see what's going on in the browser when the white screen happens.

Yes, i can in evening.
(09-19-2018, 07:43 AM)fedormil Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 09:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to reproduce the issue using the steps you listed.

At me rpi zero w, the reason in it can? I also noticed, that after the appearance of a white background, appeared a few processes kworker, and the process php 7.0 went away. Is it possible to reinstall web ui manually or at least transfer the settings to a new build?

PHP crash is highly unusual and would suggest a bad SDCard or broken build. You won't get a UI without PHP.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
As I was getting frustratedated with the whiteness and as best I could tell poor placement of the progress wheel with Volume wheel below it I have rebuilt 4.2 again.

I’ll see how things go from here with a cache clear to celebrate. Thanks for working with me on this mystery.
(09-19-2018, 05:20 PM)aBrianH Wrote: As I was getting frustratedated with the whiteness and as best I could tell poor placement of the progress wheel with Volume wheel below it I have rebuilt 4.2 again.

I’ll see how things go from here with a cache clear to celebrate. Thanks for working with me on this mystery.

4.3 should be out fairly soon and while there aren’t any steps taken to resolve whiteness (or the position of the knobs but you never know, someday...) the build process may get a lot easier. Both Tim and I use Macs in development so it’s definitely not a case of us neglecting that platform.

@fedormil the theme values are handled by the php back end so that process dying would definitely cause problems, we probably should have a sanity check for the colors and I’ll look into that but if php isn’t working then moode won’t either even if the ui isn’t in a whiteout condition.