Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to enter spotify credentials
Moode: 6.7.1
HW: Raspberry Pi Zero W (running headless)
Dac: Justboom pHat DAC

I can't seem to work out how/where to enter my Spotify premium login credentials to allow me to stream tracks from Spotify.  I don't want to use Spotify Connect, I want the RPi to be the controller so that other people can listen when I am out of the house.

I must be missing something obvious??? - can you help?

Background: I've used Volumio for about 3 years, connected to Spotify premium and it's been great.  Recently however it stopped working and I have tried upgrading to Volumio2 but there seems to be a problem whereby the Spotify plugin is not available to be installed.  I have therefore decided to swap to Moode instead, assuming I can get Spotify working :-)
(09-11-2020, 03:19 PM)eskibrew Wrote: Moode: 6.7.1
HW: Raspberry Pi Zero W (running headless)
Dac: Justboom pHat DAC

I can't seem to work out how/where to enter my Spotify premium login credentials to allow me to stream tracks from Spotify.  I don't want to use Spotify Connect, I want the RPi to be the controller so that other people can listen when I am out of the house.

I must be missing something obvious??? - can you help?

Background: I've used Volumio for about 3 years, connected to Spotify premium and it's been great.  Recently however it stopped working and I have tried upgrading to Volumio2 but there seems to be a problem whereby the Spotify plugin is not available to be installed.  I have therefore decided to swap to Moode instead, assuming I can get Spotify working :-)

What you have missed is that moOde is not a Spotify app. The librespot plugin enables moOde to be a Spotify renderer. It has to be controlled from some other app. In my case, the Spotify apps on my Linux desktop, on my Android phone, and on my iPad tablet work just fine with moOde as the player.

Regards,
Kent
Ah, ok, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification :-)

Unfortunately that's not what I need so I'll have to look elsewhere :-(
One simple option would be to leave a cheap phone or tablet (or Smart TV) around with Spotify installed for people to use, and still use Moode.

Failing that, you might want to look at piCorePlayer which can run Logitech Media Server (LMS) - that will allow you to do exactly what you're looking for with the Spotty plugin, though I think you'd need more than a Pi Zero to run LMS.  You could run LMS on a separate Pi3B (or other computer) and use the Zero as a Squeezelite player.
(09-13-2020, 08:10 AM)exocet Wrote: One simple option would be to leave a cheap phone or tablet (or Smart TV) around with Spotify installed for people to use, and still use Moode.

Failing that, you might want to look at piCorePlayer which can run Logitech Media Server (LMS) - that will allow you to do exactly what you're looking for with the Spotty plugin, though I think you'd need more than a Pi Zero to run LMS.  You could run LMS on a separate Pi3B (or other computer) and use the Zero as a Squeezelite player.

Great, thank you - I've not heard of piCorePlayer so I will investigate that. 

It looks like the Spotify problem may be solved in the next release of Volumio so if necessary, I'll have to wait for that. 

Thanks for your help :-)