Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can't transfer files with filezilla
Hi guys,
I'm here asking a thing that I didn't find a solution for searching on the forum. 
The problem is the same as:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2167

But the solution doesn't work for me. 
I have an external HDD perfectly working on the RPi4 with moode, and I can't transfer files to it with filezilla. I get access with pi\moodeaudio (id\pass) and port 22, but when I try to transfer files in the folder /media/, I get an error. I can transfer files from HDD to PC, but not from PC to HDD. 

Any ideas how can I solve it?
Are the samba shares working? I am assuming your using a Windows PC
In windows open file explorer.
On the left hand side scroll down to Network
Click on the > icon to expand Network
If there is a computer icon with the word MOODE next to it - click on it - it will show the MOODE shares. One of them will be your hard drive folder. You should be able to drop files/folders into it.
(10-25-2020, 09:24 AM)sheridat Wrote: Are the samba shares working? I am assuming your using a Windows PC
In windows open file explorer.
On the left hand side scroll down to Network
Click on the > icon to expand Network
If there is a computer icon with the word MOODE next to it - click on it - it will show the MOODE shares. One of them will be your hard drive folder. You should be able to drop files/folders into it.

SMB works, I have it on an OPPO device.
Yesterday I had that icon and couldn't open what was inside, now I neither have the icon called MOODE.
So you can see the moode smb shares on a different device. 

Try doing this. In File Explorer click on Network and in the bar above insert \\moode and hit enter. See screenshot

If I do that - the shares appear - the first one "music" is my USB drive - see below

May also be worth checking your drive permissions - you didn't say what error you received. 
In the following screenshot I've ssh'd into moode and navigated to my usb drive folder "music" showing the permissions.
The permissions are drwxrwxrwx

Alternatively, if your familiar with WinSCP you can see permissions on the right hand side as per this screenshot 

(10-25-2020, 08:37 AM)Ferorake Wrote: Hi guys,
I'm here asking a thing that I didn't find a solution for searching on the forum. 

I have an external HDD perfectly working on the RPi4 with moode, and I can't transfer files to it with filezilla. I get access with pi\moodeaudio (id\pass) and port 22, but when I try to transfer files in the folder /media/, I get an error. I can transfer files from HDD to PC, but not from PC to HDD. 

Hi Ferorake,

If I am right, Filezilla uses te FTP (File Transfer Protocol) protocol to transfer your files and .. MoOde uses SMB as a protocol to copy your files.

If you have a Windows PC, try accessing your Raspberry by entereing \\Moode in your explorer screen (Windows E)
From that screen, you can copy files to or from your Raspberry.

Cor van Zundert.
(11-10-2020, 03:09 PM)g.vanzundert@chello.nl Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 08:37 AM)Ferorake Wrote: Hi guys,

Hi Ferorake,

If I am right, Filezilla uses te FTP (File Transfer Protocol) protocol to transfer your files and .. MoOde uses SMB as a protocol to copy your files.

If you have a Windows PC, try accessing your Raspberry by entereing \\Moode in your explorer screen (Windows E)
From that screen, you can copy files to or from your Raspberry.

Cor van Zundert.

Ok now moode 7 integrates a parametric equalizer and I really need it, so I'm switching from Volumio again to moode, but I also need to access the external HDD connected to the rpi from the main PC. Filezilla doesn't work, I get "access denied" when I try to do something. Same destiny when I try to do "chmod 777 folder" to change permissions: Operation not permitted. 

Any help is appreciated...
I have been using winscp on my pc without issues for the last year and a half. On my RPi 4B I have not had to do anything to install and enable connection. This is for a USB hard disk with the music files and winsccp is my path to copying newly ripped or downloaded files for use by Moode.
(12-31-2020, 11:44 PM)Skip Pack Wrote: I have been using winscp on my pc without issues for the last year and a half. On my RPi 4B I have not had to do anything to install and enable connection. This is for a USB hard disk with the music files and winsccp is my path to copying newly ripped or downloaded files for use by Moode.

Not luck here. I've tried winscp, disabling firewall, nothing works. The only thing that I didn't try is connecting with LAN the RPI and the PC, but Volumio and Collybia work flawlessly with Filezilla. Don't know what to do anymore...
Problem solved.

"Set the following registry value to 1

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\AllowInsecureGuestAuth
"