Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Show your audio system
(12-30-2019, 11:06 AM)vinnn Wrote: @cryptout

Recently got a D50s and stuck it on my main 2-channel system, a great little DAC.

Yeah I absolutely love it, to go from a 1500 euro DAC to a 250 euro DAC and have better sound is insane really. A great time to be into audio!
It's been a while since a system's been posted here and I like seeing what people have so to bump the thread, here's my British Hi-Fi (apart from the DAC). The system comprises of;

* ATC SIACD class AB integrated amplifier with built-in Wolfson DAC, CD Transport and discrete headphone amp,
* Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers,
* Rega Planar 6 turntable + Rega Neo PSU,
* Musical Fidelity LX2-LPS phono stage,
* Raspberry Pi 3 running Moode Audio,
* Topping D50s DAC,
* Bi-wired speaker cables: Chord Clearway (low) & Chord C-Screen (high),
* Chord Clearway Analogue interconnects,
* Weiduka Audio 8.8 Power Conditioner
[Image: JpGFYfD.jpg]

The Pi 3 also has an Allo Boss v1.2 DAC and is encased in the Allo Boss aluminium case however the Boss is not currently used. Still the Allo case makes the Pi look at home amongst audio gear.
[Image: mPnPUmC.jpg]

The ATC SIACD is the heart of the system. It effortlessly drives the MA Silvers with zero distortion.
Whilst its Wolfson DAC sounds great it's getting on a bit, doesn't support DSD and has audible clocking issues when switching sample rates on the USB input so it's just used with the CD transport here.
[Image: TuUrq6R.jpg]

The Rega Planar 6 is just a great sounding 'table...
[Image: VDt3qxD.jpg]

Moode is used to stream radio, Spotify Premium, Tidal HiFi (via UPnP) and play the ~3TB music library stored on the NAS which is around 80% FLAC in terms of number of tracks, the rest being MP3 320Kbps, ALAC or DSD. Main control surface is a 10 inch Android tablet
Thanks to Moode this virtually unlimited amount of digital music is easy to access and sounds great with bit-perfect playback.

Cheers! Now let's see yours.
@vinnn

With all the technical kerfuffles we see on this forum it's great to be reminded that the endgame is to "enjoy the music". It looks like you're enjoying it in style. Props!

I've been a researcher, experimentalist, and hacker since I was 15 (that was when Eisenhower was still president). Everything I touch looks like a Frankenstein's monster---all wires and bolts sticking out. No pix from me!

Regards,
Kent
(04-10-2018, 02:45 PM)ferdzb Wrote: My system

Hegel H160, Musical Paradise MP301MK2, Bluesound Node2, and of course RPI3 (Allo Piano 2.1 DAC + Kali) with Moode 4.0

[Image: sxxJQty.jpg]

And here's my latest toy for my desktop music RPI3 with Allo Boss 1.2 and Volt Amp:

[Image: ya9dRrG.png]

Video here Smile

Could you please send a link of your low noise psu?

Kindly regards
The Herb Guy
@ferdzb
Lovely wood finish !! Nice job !!

If you want  your Ipad playing full-screen moode, open moode with safari, click on the square with an arrow and "Add to screen"
Then you can open Moode in a fullscreenplay (no tabs, menus....) classy on your desk Smile
Finally got around to boxing the Pi3B/Kali/Piano 2.1.
Used some leftover material I had bandsawn off the back of an old Htpc case. (Really, did they need to be so deep?? Smile )
https://www.silentpcreview.com/node/104/1

Scratch built with a 60mm fan for cooling (aiming for HVLV and running the 12v fan at 5v ) and a Salas L-Adapter for powering everything..
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-su...apter.html

Fan control from here...
https://howchoo.com/g/ote2mjkzzta/contro...ure-python

Used gpio extenders to give more space between boards for better cooling and sight for the kali activity leds.

RCA plugs from the Piano Dac flying leads  at the rear and all other cables go through the slot in the middle. (some are flying leads for usb quick connects)

Top panel and front mesh are all press-fit for quick access.

My question to you is..... how to finish the lower portion of the front below the mesh....??

Thoughts so far are some black heatsink (just for looks) or tying some sort of thread to the lower row of mesh that would move when the fan ran. (so far the fan has not run as the temperature has not hit the 47 degree trigger I set.)

Looking forward to your feedback. Smile Smile Smile
----------
bob
(03-15-2020, 02:02 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Finally got around to boxing the Pi3B/Kali/Piano 2.1.
Used some leftover material I had bandsawn off the back of an old Htpc case. (Really, did they need to be so deep?? Smile )
https://www.silentpcreview.com/node/104/1

Scratch built with a 60mm fan for cooling (aiming for HVLV and running the 12v fan at 5v ) and a Salas L-Adapter for powering everything..
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-su...apter.html

Fan control from here...
https://howchoo.com/g/ote2mjkzzta/contro...ure-python

Used gpio extenders to give more space between boards for better cooling and sight for the kali activity leds.

RCA plugs from the Piano Dac flying leads  at the rear and all other cables go through the slot in the middle. (some are flying leads for usb quick connects)

Top panel and front mesh are all press-fit for quick access.

My question to you is..... how to finish the lower portion of the front below the mesh....??

Thoughts so far are some black heatsink (just for looks) or tying some sort of thread to the lower row of mesh that would move when the fan ran. (so far the fan has not run as the temperature has not hit the 47 degree trigger I set.)

Nice!
How much impact on SQ has the L-Adapter? As for the front, maybe a square frame or at least a bottom alum plate (black?) with some LEDs (dimmed, too bright they are an annoyance to me). Let us see the final result!
(03-15-2020, 02:02 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Finally got around to boxing the Pi3B/Kali/Piano 2.1.
Used some leftover material I had bandsawn off the back of an old Htpc case. (Really, did they need to be so deep?? Smile )............... snip .................. Top panel and front mesh are all press-fit for quick access.

Mirroring @Malefoda... a square frame, chunky at the bottom... not sure how 'far' you can go, meaning made of wood (ordinary but nicely painted) otherwise black or silver (whatever) metal frame.

By the way, excellent minimalist small footprint industrial design...  Cool Idea
@DRONE7 

I like your straight-ahead approach. Case too big? No problem, let's power up the bandsaw!

If you have other power tools at your disposal, I'd think an custom front plate with a large opening covered from the rear with grillage is in order. Long ago in my salad days I did this for a amateur radio transmitter using just hacksaw, drill, and a couple of files. Once I sanded the front surface it didn't look half-bad, but I don't recommend this approach!

Regards,
Kent

PS - I've noticed too that the forum goes silent once in a while. Random fluctuations in the ether I guess.
Or virus concern here, everyday life really a mess now.
...And finally, thanks to DRONE7, I finished mine (almost, that crappy micro-USB socket is to be changed ASAP).

[Image: 825275d1584303804-adapter-musicwladpat-jpg.jpg]
(voltage is a test point, not the RPi 5V!  Wink )