Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Local display periodic crash
Hello,

It is nice to see how nicely the Moode software is supported ! Looking at the other existing Music Software for the Raspberry, Moodeis steadily evolving for the best!

I have however a concern: my setup is based on an USBBridge that relies on a CM3 Module whose maximum memory is 1 GB: is a possibility that such a system would run out of memory ?

Best regards,
Why do you think a 1GB RAM size is going to be an issue?

Here's a snapshot of RAM usage on my SIG.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 3% | TEMP: 40°C | RAM_USED: 17% | DISK_USED: 87% | DISK_FREE: 427M | FPM_POOL: 8 workers
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why do you think a 1GB RAM size is going to be an issue?

Here's a snapshot of RAM usage on my SIG.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 3% | TEMP: 40°C | RAM_USED: 17% | DISK_USED: 87% | DISK_FREE: 427M | FPM_POOL: 8 workers

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your support, please find my Ram snapshot below:

pi@moode:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 15% | TEMP: 39°C | RAM_USED: 44% | DISK_USED: 87% | DISK_FREE: 422M | FPM_POOL: 6 workers

When I stop the operation from my display, I get a memory use drop from 44% to 19%:
pi@moode:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 2% | TEMP: 40°C | RAM_USED: 19% | DISK_USED: 87% | DISK_FREE: 426M | FPM_POOL: 10 workers

I installed zram as I though that it would make things more stable: my setup is actually using a Waveshare 5.5" AMOLED display whose resolution is 1920x1080 and facing sometimes some "crashes" during song performance. I have then to reset the display within Moode's menu to recover it... Could you give me a piece of advice to debug this unstability ?
If the display requires a custom device driver, custom settings in /boot/config.txt or cmdline.txt or other customizations then I'd look there first.

RAM usage looks ok to me when running local display. It's chromium-browser and related processes that bump RAM utilization.
Enjoy the Music!
NOTE: Posts were split from the "Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release" thread to this new thread.
Enjoy the Music!