Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: TIDAL
(09-09-2018, 02:03 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 12:30 PM)serverbaboon Wrote: For your Notes Kent:
I am no longer on the version UPMPDCLI that is default with Moode but I think the log entries actually end up in syslog, perhaps a bug. I think think this is fixed in the latest source code but it is not available as a package.

From what I understand from the developer UPMPDCLI serves up a url (as above) but this url actually does a redirect to the tidal url which is why the Tidal URL errors appear in the MPD logs I think.

I twigged to the syslog entries only a couple of days ago Blush  Thanks for getting the information into this thread.

I recently built upmpdcli 1.3.0 to try out its Radio Paradise FLAC capability. The basic UPnP functionality is working on my moOde player but I haven't sorted out the plugins yet. TIDAL/gmusic are generating "Service login of communication failure" messages in BubbleUPnP and I haven't sorted how to present the radio list in BubbleUPnP for either this version of upmpdcli or the 1.2.16 version distributed with recent moOde releases. This weekend I've been doing community volunteer work so won't get back to the problem for a couple of days yet.

Yes, the URL is redirected within upmpdcli. MPD remains blissfully unaware of TIDAL.

Regards,
Kent

To get the Radio feature to work unfortunately you need to use BubbleDS which tends to be a little bit behind Bubble standard and is not free (but cheap).

Bubbleupnp only supports the Renderer controlled playlist part of ohome, it doesn't support ohradio and I also do not think it supports ohcredentials that the dev has implemented in 1.3x.

You can also use Lumin and Linn Kazoo.

Of the three Linn Kazoo has the best support (obvious I suppose) but is (IMHO) sometimes obtuse, bubbleds is the best user interface.

I have not talked about v1.3 as there is a funny with Lumin that is causing issues so its not ready for main stream Moode.

How ever if you you do not use use Lumin you can use the ohcredentials feature in Linn Kazoo and BubbleDS to access Tidal and Qobuz which will allow you add albums and artists and albums to your favourites.

Also I see in 1.31 he is working on Spotify support.

The Radio Paradise Flac support is nice, complete with album artwork support, I was surprised when he did it as he did say it was a bit to much work for one radio station as Radio Paradise's FLAC feed is not a stream as such but rather multiple flac files that you play one after the other.

I have been absent for a sometime due to lots of commitments but hopefully I can be a bit more active now, give me a shout if you still have issues.

Regarding Tidal and Bubble I wonder if there is some confusion with ohcredentials.
With 1.3 I have removed the passwords from the upmpdcli.conf file and have entered them into Kazoo, there is a special flag below that you can put in the conf file to turn off ohcredentials for BubbleUPNP. If you have any further questions might be worth starting another thread or just pm me rather than take this thread too far off topic.

lumincompat = 1

Wink Just seen the Spotify Renderer thread...
Thanks for your insights. Glad to see you back Smile

I have *really* liked BubbleUPnP on my Android devices although the newest update brings a reworked interface which took a little poking around to understand. Haven't tried BubbleDS.

As for Linn Kazoo, it looks like one of the few viable choices for my new iPad but I haven't played with it yet. At first blush, it does seem obtuse.

Upplay on my Linux laptop presents an ugly interface and AFAICT sees the upmpdcli services the same way BubbleUPnP does.

Yes, the RP FLAC API is complicated. After I traced it through and described it to Tim he remarked it looks like a music service API, e.g., akin to a TIDAL or Qobuz. One could of course cheat and put a wrapper around the interface such that it appears like a simple streaming radio station ala the RP AAC stream. An exercise for another day Rolleyes 

Regards,
Kent
BubbleDS still looks like the older Bubble Interface.
Hi.

Hope you can help me.
I've installed moode audio player on raspberry pi 3b+ with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro. 

Beside some minor issues the installation went well. Playing radio stations or streaming from my NAS works but unfortunately Tidal resists all my attempts to make it working.

I've check the support forum first and worked myself through the Tidal tread which is, I hope this is correct, about DNS and name resolving. I've checked if I can ping  
ab-pr-ak.audio.tidal.com from my raspberry pi which works. 

There is just one remarable thing and I hope this is not the reason for my problem. My tidal user name includes an "@" because while setting up the Tidal account years ago I gave my e-mail address for the user name. Tidal has not considered changing your user name otherwise I would have tried another one.

Any idea? 

Many thanks 
Greetings Bernd
(09-10-2018, 08:31 PM)Bernd Wrote: Hi.

Hope you can help me.
I've installed moode audio player on raspberry pi 3b+ with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro. 

Beside some minor issues the installation went well. Playing radio stations or streaming from my NAS works but unfortunately Tidal resists all my attempts to make it working.

I've check the support forum first and worked myself through the Tidal tread which is, I hope this is correct, about DNS and name resolving. I've checked if I can ping  
ab-pr-ak.audio.tidal.com from my raspberry pi which works. 

There is just one remarable thing and I hope this is not the reason for my problem. My tidal user name includes an "@" because while setting up the Tidal account years ago I gave my e-mail address for the user name. Tidal has not considered changing your user name otherwise I would have tried another one.

Any idea? 

Many thanks 
Greetings Bernd

I have merged your thread into this one. No need to open a new thread with same topic!
Please always search before you create a new one.

Thanks
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Hi, @Bernd

I assume you've tested that your Tidal account credentials work directly with a Tidal app or with the Tidal web site. 

My Tidal account credentials are stored and used correctly by moOde and my Tidal username is an email account. AFAIK, all Tidal usernames are. 

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
Yes, I tested this in a browser as well as with the Teufel Connector. I‘m Tidal user for at least 5 years. This used to be WIMP since then.
I checked my credentials in this config file of moode and they are stored there correctly.
Frustrating ... for me Tidal is the most important feature.
Regards Bernd
(09-11-2018, 06:37 PM)Bernd Wrote: Hi Kent,
Yes, I tested this in a browser as well as with the Teufel Connector. I‘m Tidal user for at least 5 years. This used to be WIMP since then.
I checked my credentials in this config file of moode and they are stored there correctly.
Regards Bernd

Have you tried sent Tidal stream from apps like BubbleUPnP into Moode?
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(09-11-2018, 06:37 PM)Bernd Wrote: Hi Kent,
Regards Bernd

@Bernd

I totally understand your frustration.

What did you mean by TIDAL "resists all my attempts to make it working"?

From the date of your first post, I infer you have installed moOde r4.2. Is this correct?

It would seem that the version of upmpdcli compiled into this version of moOde does not observe the logfile settings in /etc/upmpdcli.conf. In my case, at least, if I leave them commented out, upmpdcli writes its logging messages to /var/log/syslog.

I use the BubbleUPnP app on Android devices as my UPnP control point.

As an experiment, I set up my TIDAL account in moOde with incorrect credentials and then using BubbleUpnP pointed to "Moode UPNP-mediaserver" as my library and pointed to "Moode UPNP" as my media renderer. (Obviously I kept the default names for the services.)

I can still browse TIDAL playlists, genres, etc. in BubbleUPnP but when I select something to play here's what I see in /var/log/syslog:

Code:
Sep 12 10:28:02 moode42 upmpdcli[872]: CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: Tidal running
Sep 12 10:28:02 moode42 upmpdcli[872]: CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: pCmdTalkProcessor.process: [{u'cmdtalk:proc': 'browse', u'flag': 'children', u'objid': '0$tidal$'}]
Sep 12 10:28:02 moode42 upmpdcli[872]: CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: browse: [{u'cmdtalk:proc': 'browse', u'flag': 'children', u'objid': '0$tidal$'}]
Sep 12 10:28:03 moode42 upmpdcli[872]: Username or password is wrong

Then for each track in my selection there is a multi-line set of diagnostic messages, each set beginning with a line of the form

Code:
Sep 12 11:01:18 moode42 upmpdcli[872]: CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: processmessage: processor raised: [401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://api.tidal.com/v1/tracks/85320966/streamUrl?soundQuality=LOW&limit=999&token=8C7kRFdkaRp0dLBp&countryCode=US]

What do you see?

Regards,
Kent

[update] PS - Please note that this is a different use case than what @rikardo1979 suggested. In his test, you would set up BubbleUPnP with your TIDAL credentials and it would act as both the UPnP control point and the UPnP media server. In my test, it is only the UPnP control point and moOde is the UPnP media server. In both cases moOde is the UPnP renderer.
@Kent

thanks for your reply and help.
"resists all my attempts to make it working" is of course not precise and an expression of my frustration. Sorry, for sure not suitable for a forum.

Here are comments and results of the tests you suggested:
I do not own an android device. I'm on iPad/iPhone. Therefore BubbleUPnP does not work for me.
I have OPlayer on my iPad.
Using this Moode is listed as "Moode DLNA" and "Moode UPNP-Server".
When selecting the "Moode UPNP-Server" I get just 1 entry and this is TITAL.
When I select TIDAL I get the usual TIDAL structure which I traversed down to the songs until one played.
Then for test reasons I changed my TIDAL credentials in Moode to something wrong and then TIDAL did not work anymore as described above.
For me this is the prove that the streaming function of Moode works properly.
In /var/log/syslog I got corresponding messages to the sceanarios of above.
However, TIDAL does not appear in the GUI of Moode.

To the last statement just one, perhaps stupid question.
Where should TIDAL appear? I've never seen it in Moode but I assume it should be on the "MUSIC" page of Moode as a source like NAS, USB etc.

Regards Bernd