Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: My Library is not updating
Hi

I am a noobie to the software so please forgive me.

I have just set up a NAS source to my NAS via the NFS, which has giving me a green tick. "bit surprise that it didn't ask for a username and password "

I have then gone and rebooted my Moode in the hope that it would start to update my Music Library, but it has over 20 mins and nothing has happened.

what am I missing ?
Check the MPD log to see what might be going on.

cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim I have tried the command you posted and it gave me a long list of

Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Turin Brakes: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Urban Cookie Collective: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Vangelis: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Vessel: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Vinylgroover & The Red Hed: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Wham!: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Yves Deruyter: Permission denied
Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Владимир Мартынов: Permission denied
pi@moode:~ $ Sep 16 13:32 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Moode/Yves Deruyter: Permission denied

which I am guesting is some of my Music folder

I have just added Everyone to have read only and I am still getting the same issue.
ok I have resolved this issue.

the steps I take to resolve this are:

create a share on my music folder, and give the user to whom I want to have access to it permissions. NOTE the user must have full access
then I want into Moodeaudio and used choose SMB as the protocol I wanted to use
then

Server                       192.168.0.7/media/Music
user id                       username
password                   password
name                         anything you like

then save.

I hope that helps you to resolve your issue
Hi,

Glad you managed to get things sorted out :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
resurrecting this old thread... Looks like this is maybe still a bug? The initial import worked very well, but added some folders and kicked off a refresh and got the following.

Kind of strange, I'm getting the same thing from my NFS share, the permissions on that are 777, but I am mounting RO.

Looks like /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS is a symblink of /mnt/NAS

Not sure about that wonky SMB workaround...

mpd log
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 14 - 3-26-72 - Academy of Music NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Dicks Picks - 14 - 12-2-73 - Boston Music Hall MA: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 12 - 11-4-77 - Colgate University NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 22 - 12-7-71 - Felt Forum NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 23 - 1-22-78 - McArthur Court OR: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 15 - 4-22-78 - Municipal Auditorium TN: Permission denied
(04-19-2019, 05:32 AM)sintax Wrote: resurrecting this old thread... Looks like this is maybe still a bug?   The initial import worked very well, but added some folders and kicked off a refresh and got the following.

Kind of strange, I'm getting the same thing from my NFS share, the permissions on that are 777, but I am mounting RO.

Looks like /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS is a symblink of /mnt/NAS

Not sure about that wonky SMB workaround...

mpd log
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 14 - 3-26-72 - Academy of Music NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Dicks Picks - 14 - 12-2-73 - Boston Music Hall MA: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 12 - 11-4-77 - Colgate University NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 22 - 12-7-71 - Felt Forum NY: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 23 - 1-22-78 - McArthur Court OR: Permission denied
Apr 18 22:12 : exception: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/FS/FLAC/Dead/Daves Picks - 15 - 4-22-78 - Municipal Auditorium TN: Permission denied

Bug? Not likely, actually.

You've given no details about how you "added some folders", how you're exporting from your NFS server or how you're mounting in moOde. 

The long and the short of it is that whatever NAS configuration information you enter becomes part of a standard nfs mount command. Here's the result when I mount a directory being exported as "Test" from my server "OMV-HC1" (to which I assigned the friendly name "OMV-NFS")

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ mount
pi@omv-hc1:/Test on /mnt/NAS/OMV-NFS type nfs4 (ro,relatime,vers=4.1,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.1.184,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.12)

If the initial import worked but you are getting "permission denied" on the added folders then you are caught in NFS purgatory. You'll have to figure out what's different about the ownership and permissions of the added folders/files. Google is your friend. Keep in mind that user names and group names don't count in NFS; it's all about the numeric uid and guid.

After decades of using NFS in a massive network of engineering workstations back in the day, I can candidly say I hate NFS.

As for the SMB workaround, since NFS and SMB are totally different technologies, the only way that could have worked is if the OP's server were exporting in both.

And, yes, there's some symlink magic going on.

Regards,
Kent
yea, its was a permissions issue, perms changed due to the way I copied the dirs.

thanks sir.
(04-20-2019, 05:15 AM)sintax Wrote: yea, its was a permissions issue, perms changed due to the way I copied the dirs.

thanks sir.

Yay!

To steal Tim's tagline: Enjoy the music!

Regards,
Kent