Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

I can’t get moode to download
Hi all,
I’m new to all this and new to the forum. 
I want to use moode for listening to my own music downloads and Qobuz. I’ve downloaded stretch lite onto an sd card in my RPi3. It runs fine, I input the 4 lines of instructions to download moode 4.2, but nothing happens. I’ve gone through the same process at least 10 times, it’s very frustrating!! I’ve checked that I’ve got an Ethernet connection, red and amber led’s are illuminated. Can someone help me please, before I go nuts!!!
Hi, have you followed the easy installation guide?
Remy
(09-18-2018, 12:00 PM)remy1961 Wrote: Hi, have you followed the easy installation guide?
Remy

Hi Remy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have, at least 10 times and I’ve double checked my entries every time. I’ve come to a complete halt, as I don’t know what else to check?
(09-18-2018, 12:00 PM)remy1961 Wrote: Hi, have you followed the easy installation guide?
Remy

Hi Remy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have, at least 10 times and I’ve double checked my entries every time. I’ve come to a complete halt, as I don’t know what else to check?
(09-18-2018, 01:12 PM)Cotic Wrote:
Remy

Hi Remy,

Thanks for your reply.

Ten times is too many by about 8 times.

What do your statements "nothing happens" and "come to a complete halt" mean?

After STEP 3 in the download instructions do you have a file mosbuild.sh in your /home/pi directory?

If so, is it the right file? [1] Here's what I downloaded just now

Code:
pi@moode42:~ $ ls -l mosbuild.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 19240 Jul 12 08:57 mosbuild.sh

pi@moode42:~ $ head mosbuild.sh
#!/bin/bash
#
# moOde OS Image Builder (C) 2017 Koda59
#

If you got this far, then you should be seeing messages pop up in the terminal as the script executes.

Regards,
Kent

[1] I ask this because my ISP helpfully returns a short html file of the same name if I use wget to download a file from a nonexistent or nonresponsive host.
Hi Kent,

Thanks for your reply.

I meant by “nothing happens” that when I type in the 4 lines of script, as per the help guide screen shot; (my screen looks identical to the screen shot), after the last line sudo ./mosbuild.sh I do not get the wizard start up, just another rpi text prompt, as per the previous 3 lines.
By “ a complete halt” I meant that I am stuck at this juncture and do not know how to proceed.

I hope that my problem is clear, as I have no previous experience with computer language, I am finding it difficult to express my difficulty; thanks very much for your valued help.

All the best,

Simon
(09-19-2018, 12:05 PM)Cotic Wrote: Hi Kent,

Thanks for your reply.

I meant by “nothing happens” that when I type in the 4 lines of script, as per the help guide screen shot; (my screen looks identical to the screen shot), after the last line sudo ./mosbuild.sh I do not get the wizard start up, just another rpi text prompt, as per the previous 3 lines.
By “ a complete halt” I meant that I am stuck at this juncture and do not know how to proceed.

I hope that my problem is clear, as I have no previous experience with computer language, I am finding it difficult to express my difficulty; thanks very much for your valued help.

All the best,

Simon

Hi, Simon.

At this point I don't know how to proceed with debugging your system. Here's the output to the command line I get when I execute the commands found on the http://moodeaudio.org support page using a fresh install of 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch-lite.img onto an uSD card. 

Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd /home/pi
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/mos/mosbuild.sh
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo chmod +x mosbuild.sh
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ./mosbuild.sh
**  Moode OS Builder v2.5
**  Welcome to the automated process for creating the wonderful
**  custom Linux OS that runs moOde audio player.
**  1. You will need a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with SSH
**  enabled and at least 2.5 GB free space on the boot SDCard.
**  2. The build can be written directly to the boot SDCard or
**  to a second USB-SDCard plugged into the Raspberry Pi.
**  WARNING: Raspbian Stretch Lite 2018-06-27 must be used if
**  building directly on the boot SDCard. It must be a fresh,
**  unmodified installation of Stretch Lite otherwise the build
**  results cannot be guaranteed.
**  Be sure to backup the SDCard used to boot your Pi!

** Write OS build directly to the boot SDCard (y/n)?

I don't know the contents of your mosbuild.sh file but it can't be the install script if executing it simply returns you to the command prompt.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent, I’ll have another try tomorrow evening.

All the best,

Simon