Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde able to play single big FLAC with .cue file?
Can moOde play a FLAC or APE file that contains multiple tracks within a single file? For instance, if a CD is ripped to a single FLAC file with an accompanying .cue file that includes the data for the individual tracks and tags, can moOde load that single FLAC file and display the individual tracks and tags info? 

Or is it necessary to use something like CUE Splitter to separate the single FLAC file containing all the album tracks into separate FLAC files, one for each music track? 

Thanks.
Yes, moOde can successfully play single FLAC (or APE) file with .cue, just you have to add this cue to the playlist.
(04-11-2018, 06:05 PM)abigor Wrote: Yes, moOde can successfully play single FLAC (or APE) file with .cue, just you have to add this cue to the playlist.

I have my music files stored on NAS which is synched to MoOde4.1 . Not all but many of my albums have a cue list and one flac file and in those cases the tracks of the album are not displayed.  Is there a manual step / process I could take to correct?
(04-11-2018, 07:12 PM)Onionhead Wrote: I have my music files stored on NAS which is synched to MoOde4.1 . Not all but many of my albums have a cue list and one flac file and in those cases the tracks of the album are not displayed.  Is there a manual step / process I could take to correct?

First of all you should check that you have the correct CUE file, see the screenshot, filename of the FLAC-file  should be exactly the same at the your CUE file, otherwise moOde can't play that cue-file correctly.

[Image: tVowyWF.png]

If you have correct cue-file, then simply add it to your playlist.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-11-2018, 07:12 PM)Onionhead Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 06:05 PM)abigor Wrote: Yes, moOde can successfully play single FLAC (or APE) file with .cue, just you have to add this cue to the playlist.

I have my music files stored on NAS which is synched to MoOde4.1 . Not all but many of my albums have a cue list and one flac file and in those cases the tracks of the album are not displayed.  Is there a manual step / process I could take to correct?

I'm not using 4.1 yet but in earlier versions I needed to add the cue file via the BROWSE tab, not the LIBRARY tab as the cue sheets are not parsed by the library.
(04-11-2018, 09:59 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Does anyone know if it  is possible to make a FLAC+CUE file from separate 24bit files?
I'm using Cuetools 2.1.6 to make my FLAC+CUE files, but that softwar eonly lets me create with 16/44 as input (even 16/48 doesn't work). It really has to be a clean PCM file. So I was hoping there might be other software that let's you use 24 bit files.

Thx,
Johan

You could try fre:ac - free audio converter. Just drop your files in and select "Create cue sheet" and "Encode to a single file". It should transfer metadata, too.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/fre-ac

EDIT: Ok, just tried fre:ac and it does work but you need to set General settings > DSP > Sample Format Converter to 24 bit to preserve the bit depth.
(04-12-2018, 12:04 AM)rhizomusicosmos Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 09:59 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Does anyone know if it  is possible to make a FLAC+CUE file from separate 24bit files?
I'm using Cuetools 2.1.6 to make my FLAC+CUE files, but that softwar eonly lets me create with 16/44 as input (even 16/48 doesn't work). It really has to be a clean PCM file. So I was hoping there might be other software that let's you use 24 bit files.

Thx,
Johan

You could try fre:ac - free audio converter. Just drop your files in and select "Create cue sheet" and "Encode to a single file". It should transfer metadata, too.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/fre-ac

EDIT: Ok, just tried fre:ac and it does work but you need to set General settings > DSP > Sample Format Converter to 24 bit to preserve the bit depth.

@JST1963

You can also invest in some commercial music converters with a multitude of features: dbPoweramp, xrecode, etc.

A free tool (probably sitting at the top of free digital music files manipulation) is Foobar2000... The use of it requires some reading but there's plenty of info available at: http://www.foobar2000.org/
(04-11-2018, 11:14 PM)rhizomusicosmos Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 07:12 PM)Onionhead Wrote:

I'm not using 4.1 yet but in earlier versions I needed to add the cue file via the BROWSE tab, not the LIBRARY tab as the cue sheets are not parsed by the library.

In 4.1 version you need to use browser tab, the same as in earlier versions.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@