Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 4.3: Positive/Negative
I have 2 rPis running Moode. One I updated by the System Check for Software Update and found I could because it had the earlier update. The other didn’t have the earlier update it said, so my understanding was I had to use the ssh command which I did.

The first one worked fine and introduced the Albums Music tab. However the ‘other’ seems to have not done the Albums option. It has changed to 4.3 because the Spotify renderer is there and works (thanks).

I could just build the ‘other’ afresh but am curious why Albums has stayed away.

So overall the update is positive, thanks to all involved but a strange negative which isn’t the end of the world

Update: I find there is now an ISO Image, no need to build the image. However now the Albums show as a vertical column and does not scroll so still hard to use. Somehow that is nw sorted/rectified so overall a great update.
(10-02-2018, 06:17 AM)swizzle Wrote: Firefox issue will be fixed in the next point release as I just sent Tim the fix, he usually likes to wait a few weeks before issuing an update though so hang in there.

No idea on Opera, is this actually a critical platform for anyone?

ETA I just downloaded Opera and don’t see breakage, examples to investigate please.

Critical platform? Well, the Opera developers would like to think so  Big Grin 

I just wanted to see what would happen. Opera, Vivaldi, and Chrome all use the Blink engine (fork of WebCore) so I didn't expect a radically different result.

Update: I had naively installed Opera using the LinuxMint/Debian repos. It turns out to be very seriously outdated. 

I just deleted that version and installed from the .deb I downloaded directly from opera.com.  This up-to-date version 56.0.3051.31 seems to be working fine with the moOde 4.3 UI.

Case closed.

Regards,
Kent
(10-02-2018, 09:57 AM)aBrianH Wrote: I have 2 rPis running Moode. One I updated by the System Check for Software Update and found I could because it had the earlier update. The other didn’t have the earlier update it said, so my understanding was I had to use the ssh command which I did.

The first one worked fine and introduced the Albums Music tab. However the ‘other’ seems to have not done the Albums option. It has changed to 4.3 because the Spotify renderer is there and works (thanks).

I could just build the ‘other’ afresh but am curious why Albums has stayed away.

So overall the update is positive, thanks to all involved but a strange negative which isn’t the end of the world

Update: I find there is now an ISO Image, no need to build the image. However now the Albums show as a vertical column and does not scroll so still hard to use. Somehow that is nw sorted/rectified so overall a great update.

Glad to hear that :-)

Normally after an in-place update it takes several Browser refreshes to clear out the old UI pages from Browser cache.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Congratulations on the release having an .ISO, excellent!

energyi
Honestly I didn't had the time to test intensively the new release. I can say only that the installation is very quick (5-6 mins), and that at a first music listening, the sounds seems better compare to 4.2 and Album Cover is nice. Test the Spotify renderer (as written in another thread) but I discovered later that it works only with Spotify Pro. Looking at the RN, I see "Artist Zoom in Library" and "Cover View with HUD controls"... I don't understand the meaning of that "HUD Controls".
The few tests anyway are made using Chrome running on a W10 PC and Opera running on my Sony Android TV.

Anyway, great work Tim!!!

Thanks a lot
Andrea
@mancio61

If you have an album selected in the column or album cover view of the music panel and tap the artist name in the bottom half of the screen where the album is shown it selects that artist in the artist column and thus shows only albums from that artist in the album one. This is what Tim calls artist zoom (note that actions taken in column view affect the contents of the album cover view so you can do things like select a genre in column view and switch to album cover view and it’ll only show albums from that genre, etc.)

The hud is a way to control playback in the coverview/screensaver mode. Tapping the album cover brings up a small control window with play and volume controls, tapping on the cover again or waiting a few seconds hides it. In 4.3 you can tap the disclosure caret in the bottom right to have it show the current playlist and switch songs that way, when the playlist is visible the controls won’t auto-hide.
Not sure if anyone has said this but I think the sound with 4.3 is clearer, more defined, absorbing. That is a positive for me. Both the rPi 3 and 2. Good stuff
@aBrianH
Yes they have. I think so far we have 4 believers (including yourself) and 2 sceptics: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=527
LOL! Since I'm counted in that 'sceptics' group, I want to say that I merely asked Tim what could have changed to make the sound better, because if no one is intentionally 'programming' the improvement, how is it happening? That was all I asked Smile

I have the DigiOne now installed, so I am going to try burning a 4.3 and see how it goes! Smile
OK, correction: 4 believers, 1 sceptic and one going to report back. Can't wait! Smile