Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moode 4.3 UPnP visibility issue
I'm using a Synology NAS as DigitalMediaServer and a 3 renderers: Linn Akurate DS and 2 RaspberryPi's (both with Moode 4.2) with DAC-hat's installed. I control the renderers with the BubbleDS app on several Android devices (tablets/phones). The 3 renderers all beautifully show up in BubbleDS and I can switch from one to another.

Today I added another renderer (Raspberry Pi) but now with Moode 4.3: now this renderer was not showing up in BubbleDS. Of course I activated UPnP under Configure -> Audio -> UPnP/DLNA and gave the new renderer a 'friendly name' but still no discovery by BubbleDS.

After some searching I found a (probably) typo in the file etc\upmpdcli.conf: The third line of the 'Tidal configuration' is not commented:

[original]
# tidaluser = 
# tidalpass = 
tidalquality = low

If you comment the third line using a hash-sign (#), the new renderer shows up in BubbleDS.

[modified]
# tidaluser = 
# tidalpass = 
# tidalquality = low
Hi,

The default config is below. If the UPnP config was previously APPLY'd then the setting in the conf file would updated using the value from the dropdown in the config screen. I could see adding some checks to prevent updates if for example userid/password were blank.

What do you think?

Code:
# <grouptitle>TIDAL streaming service parameters</grouptitle>
# <var name="tidaluser" type="string"><brief>Tidal user name.</brief>
# <descr>Your Tidal login name.</descr></var>
# <var name="tidalpass" type="string"><brief>Tidal password.</brief>
# <descr>The password for your Tidal account.</descr></var>
# <var name="tidalquality" type="cstr" "values="low high lossless">
# <brief>Tidal stream quality.</brief> <descr>'low' and 'high' are aac
# streams. 'lossless' is FLAC and will only work if your subscription
# allows it.</descr></var>
#tidaluser = my username (email)
#tidalpass = mypassword
#tidalquality = lossless

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Last week I installed Moode 4.3 on a RasPi 3B with a Dion Audio LOCO V2 DAC-AMP. To make this RasPi visible in BubbleDS I had to comment the uncommented lines in etc\upmpdcli.conf. After restarting the UPnP client in the Moode web interface the RasPi shows up in BubbleDS  Smile .

Today I updated another RasPi 3 with a Audiophonics DAC I-Saber V3 ES9023 TCXO with Moode 4.3. I follow the same installation routine as last week, including the comment of the uncommented lines in etc\upmpdcli.conf. But whatever I try, this RasPi is not showing up in BubbleDS. Also deleting of the BublleDS cache on my Android tablet does not fix this.

@Tim Curtis: Are there any sources changed (last week) who might cause this problem or is this related to the different (French Audiophonics) hardware that I use? Why are there still uncommented lines of code in etc\upmpdcli.conf? Isn't it better to (default) uncomment all Tidal properties (including tidalquality = low) if you are not using Tidal like I do?

Hope you can help me out...

Best regards, Mike
Well, after a while (60+ minutes) the RasPi (3) with the AudioPhonics DAC is showing up in BubbleDS :-).

Best regards, Mike
Hi,

Did another fresh reinstall of the RasPi 3 with the Audiophonics DAC I-Saber V3 ES9023 TCXO; just to understand what happens. In this fresh install I also added the Powerbutton feature of the Audiophonics. But again, no luck with UPnP-client because the RasPi does not show up in BubbleDS Undecided .

I uncommented the logfilename but the logfile does not appear after rebooting the RasPi:

# <var name="logfilename" type="fn"><brief>Log file
# name.</brief><descr>Defaults to stderr. This can also be specified as -d
# logfilename.</descr></var>
logfilename = /var/log/moodeupnp.log

Probably the var/log/deamon.log might give you some clues about the problems that my RasPi has:

Oct 13 17:29:49 zolder systemd[1]: Started UPnP Renderer front-end to MPD.

Oct 13 17:29:49 zolder systemd[1333]: upmpdcli.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/upmpdcli: No such file or directory
Oct 13 17:29:49 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Oct 13 17:29:49 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 13 17:29:49 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 13 17:30:17 zolder systemd[1]: Started UPnP Renderer front-end to MPD.
Oct 13 17:30:17 zolder systemd[1519]: upmpdcli.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/upmpdcli: No such file or directory
Oct 13 17:30:17 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Oct 13 17:30:17 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 13 17:30:17 zolder systemd[1]: upmpdcli.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 13 17:31:57 zolder systemd[1]: Stopping A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopping Authorization Manager...
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopping Disk Manager (legacy version)...
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopping Music Player Daemon...
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped target Timers.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped target RPC Port Mapper.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped Daily apt upgrade and clean activities.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped Daily Cleanup of Temporary Directories.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopped Daily apt download activities.
Oct 13 17:32:02 zolder systemd[1]: Stopping The PHP 7.0 FastCGI Process Manager...

The log is stating that "Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/upmpdcli: No such file or directory". And that's correct, there is not such file on my RasPi after a fresh install. But on my other RasPi this file DOES exist  Idea !

Do you have any clue why this file is missing?

best wishes, Mike
Very odd since the file is on the moOde 4.3 ISO image

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ which upmpdcli
/usr/bin/upmpdcli
pi@moode:~ $
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub