Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Update 4.2 to 4.3 Questions
I got 4.2 up and running last week with no problem, and did the update to the 7-11 version. I'm trying to install the 4.3 update and I'm confused as to how to proceed. 

I clicked on "check for update" and hit the "Install" button. The screen reloads and after that nothing appears to happen. Is there supposed to be some kind of progress message? 

The "view" message says I should be able to do the update without going back and doing an ssh thing as long as I've got the most recent version on there, which I believe I do. How is it supposed to work? Can't find specifics anywhere.

Thoughts or suggestions, anyone?

--Buckapound
if I remember correctly it quietly runs and then the Pi reboots. Job done. Leave it 30m then go back into System Config and check for updates it should be done.
(10-06-2018, 02:33 PM)buckapound Wrote: I got 4.2 up and running last week with no problem, and did the update to the 7-11 version. I'm trying to install the 4.3 update and I'm confused as to how to proceed. 

I clicked on "check for update" and hit the "Install" button. The screen reloads and after that nothing appears to happen. Is there supposed to be some kind of progress message? 

The "view" message says I should be able to do the update without going back and doing an ssh thing as long as I've got the most recent version on there, which I believe I do. How is it supposed to work? Can't find specifics anywhere.

Thoughts or suggestions, anyone?

--Buckapound

Below is the text from the VIEW screen for the 4.2 --> 4.3 upgrade. The UI based install will only work if the 2018-07-18 update is already listed under Last Installed after clicking on CHECK for software update.

If you made a backup image of your 4.2 system prior to attempting the 4.3 upgrade then I would suggest writing it to an SDCard, booting up and then running the 4.3 upgrade from SSH. The other option is to download the 4.3 ISO image and then write it to an SDCard.

-Tim

////////////

This package upgrades moOde 4.2 to moOde 4.3. Install time can be around 10 minutes on slower systems/networks. Be sure to BACKUP your system before applying this update.

NOTE: Install this package via SSH using the command below. It can also be installed via the INSTALL button on the UI but that should only be done if the initial 2018-07-18 update for moOde 4.2 is listed under Last Installed.

sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r42

If installing via the UI the Browser session may disconnect during a certain section of the update therefore it is recommended that progress be monitored via SSH using the commands cat /var/log/moode.log or tail -f /var/log/moode.log

Reboot when the completion message appears then do the following:

- clear/refresh Browser cache to load the updated UI
- set your preferred Accent color
- update Browser title and Spotify name if necessary
- update MPD database to add the new radio stations
- explore all the new features and updates

////////////
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi everybody.
It's my first post here.

I have 2 raspberry pi with Hifiberry Digi + Pro and Moode 4.3.
Moode 4.3 does not recognize Hifiberry Digi + Pro.
None of the changes made to the system configuration are saved.
Even with the clear browser cache.
Someone to a solution?
Falpi
Have you tried different browsers e.g. Chrome, Safari or Explorer.
Thanks, Tim.

Surprised but happy to see an image file for 4.3 available.

Got the thing installed and set up, scanned my hard drive and everything appears fine, except...

When I try to play something I get a message "Failed to open "ALSA default." Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0" No such file or directory."

Tried re-booting and re-scanning, but same message. I know FizzyTea had the same problem back in April, but there was no response.

Anybody have ideas about what to try next?

--Randy
What audio device are u using?
Enjoy the Music!
(10-07-2018, 03:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What audio device are u using?

MamboBerry HiFi DAC+

Board says: "MamboBerry Sabre.HD.Dac for RPi B+"
Post the output from System info and I'll have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
Ok here goes. Funny thing, it was working in 4.2.

System Information

System Parameters

Date and Time = 2018-10-07 14:22:06
System Uptime = up 2 hours, 24 minutes
Timezone = America/Detroit

Host Name = moode
ETH0 IP = unassigned
ETH0 Mac = b8:27:eb:61:e8:80
WPLAN0 IP = 192.168.1.11
WPLAN0 MAVC = b8:27:eb:34:bd:d5
WiFi country = US

HDWR REV = Pi-3B 1GB v1.2
SoC = BCM2835
CORES = 4
ARCH = armv71
Rasbian = 9.4
Kernel = 4.14.72-v7+
KTIMER FREQ = 100 Hz
USB BOOT = not enabled
Warranty = OK

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, Tim. I'm much better with a drill press than I am with computer matters.