Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Pi-hole on same hardware
Well, what a verry nice Christmas surprise!!!

I was running 4.0 for almost one year now and now I wanted to get bluetooth working - I installed 4.4 and everything is running out of the box - also Alexa is connecting - perfect!!! Thank you Tim!

Now I am struggeling to get Pihole installed on the same Pi as I did in the beginning of the year... (together wit pi-hole dns filter)

the log says:

Code:
20181223 175733 worker: - Start
20181223 175733 worker: Successfully daemonized
20181223 175733 worker: Integrity check failed
20181223 175733 worker: Exited
20181223 175735 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
20181223 175737 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
20181223 175739 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed

of course there are some changest to the system during set up - where can I search for the reason? what is checked by the integrity check?  Pi hole is bringing a second Webservice so all I had to adapt was to change the Moode port to 8080...

the nginx.conf dnsmasq.conf part got also replaced but I am not using WIFI so theis should not be the problem... any hints?

I put the dnsmasq part into dnsmasq.d and rebooting shows thet the integrity check is not coming up again...

but in the NGIX log I found this:
Code:
2018/12/23 18:18:22 [error] 557#557: *19 open() "/var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.13.198, server: , request: "GET /imagesw/bgimage.jpg HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.2:8080", referrer: "http://192.168.11.2:8080/cssw/panels.css"
2018/12/23 18:19:23 [error] 557#557: *19 open() "/var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.13.198, server: , request: "GET /imagesw/bgimage.jpg HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.2:8080", referrer: "http://192.168.11.2:8080/cssw/panels.css"
2018/12/23 18:32:10 [error] 557#557: *38 open() "/var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.13.198, server: , request: "GET /imagesw/bgimage.jpg HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.2:8080", referrer: "http://192.168.11.2:8080/cssw/panels.css"
2018/12/23 18:33:41 [error] 557#557: *48 open() "/var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.13.198, server: , request: "GET /imagesw/bgimage.jpg HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.2:8080", referrer: "http://192.168.11.2:8080/cssw/panels.css"

and moode got really slow now.. any idea?
@Boardman

I can't address your moOde/PiHole issue but you caught my attention with "also Alexa is connecting".

Do you mean your Amazon device can play music via BT to your moOde player and thence through whatever is your moODe output?

I haven't revisited my problem with a first-generation Amazon Echo for some months. I was consistently able to connect the Echo with my moOde player but I could never get the two to work together with the Echo as BT source and moOde as BT sink (e.g., in BT Speaker mode). All I ever got was silence. I got tired of packet-sniffing (mostly because I wasn't sure what I was looking for) and moved on.

Maybe it's time for me to revisit my problem. 

Alexa is the overarching trade-name of the Amazon software system. What is the specific model hardware device you are connecting (Echo, Echo Dot, etc., and what generation)? 

Regards,
Kent
(12-23-2018, 05:58 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Do you mean your Amazon device can play music via BT to your moOde player and thence through whatever is your moODe output?

Alexa is the overarching trade-name of the Amazon software system. What is the specific model hardware device you are connecting (Echo, Echo Dot, etc., and what generation)? 

Yes, I am using Moode as a Speaker connected to my HIFI...
I am using an Echo dot 2nd gernration, pairing was a little bit confusing, I had to initiate the pairing from the Moode side and start the use from Alexa side.. but it is working... Smile

I have also linked an little Anker BT speaker, strange: if i switch the speaker on , Echo is conecting to Speaker and Moode in parallel...  ( no issue for me)
(12-23-2018, 06:20 PM)Boardman Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 05:58 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Do you mean your Amazon device can play music via BT to your moOde player and thence through whatever is your moODe output?

Yes, I am using Moode as a Speaker connected to my HIFI...
I am using an Echo dot 2nd gernration, pairing was a little bit confusing, I had to initiate the pairing from the Moode side and start the use from Alexa side.. but it is working... Smile

I have also linked an little Anker BT speaker, strange: if i switch the speaker on , Echo is conecting to Speaker and Moode in parallel...  ( no issue for me)

Thanks. This adds to my suspicion that the firmware has matured in successive generations of Echos.

Regards,
Kent
in may you gave me the hint :
in the home directory of user "pi" you'll find the script srestart.sh. It restarts moOde including mpd.

when I try this I am getting lots of root Password requests and authorization errors...
Is it possible the I have switched some tasks to run with the wrong user  (root instead of pi?)
how to fix this?

pi@moode:~ $ ./srestart.sh
worker.php: no process found
watchdog.sh: no process found
rm: remove write-protected regular file '/run/worker.pid'? yes
rm: cannot remove '/run/worker.pid': Permission denied
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to restart 'php7.0-fpm.service'.
Authenticating as: root
Password: Failed to restart php7.0-fpm.service: Method call timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service' for details.
polkit-agent-helper-1: pam_authenticate failed: Authentication failure
Authentication is required to restart 'memcached.service'.
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION FAILED ===
Failed to restart memcached.service: Access denied
See system logs and 'systemctl status memcached.service' for details.
Authentication is required to restart 'nginx.service'.
Password: Failed to restart nginx.service: Connection timed out
See system logs and 'systemctl status nginx.service' for details.
Authentication is required to stop 'mpd.service'.
Tongue 
I found the reason and was able to fix it...

in the worker.php the integrity check was also checking the checksum of nginx.conf (which I had adapted to get a different port)

@Tim Curtis : Could you please add the port of the webIf to the parameters? 

Now I have some firewall issues I have to work on at the next days...

Alexa is now playing Xmas songs on my hifi... Tongue 

Merry christams to all of you...

B.
Raspi 3B, HiFiBerry Digi(Digi+)

Hi,

Ditto, happy holidays :-)

The issue with Pi-hole, which is completely awesome btw, is that it's not really focussed on music or moOde and so it's hard to make a case for doing any coding to accommodate it.

Why not just run it on a dedicated set-and-forget Pi?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
So Boardman are you saying the Pi-hole installer will work on a Moode Pi3 b+ without problems? if so I need Pi hole as my Xfinity DNS sucks, and to have to spend $50 on another Pi/PS seems kinda wasteful.
Hi Tim,

yes you made a very cool product running out of the box...

I am using the Pi for 3 differerent tools (also an ALEXA/smarthome bridge) for some month now - it did work and I will try to get it work again...
of course this is not your core buiseness (-: I just ask for some hints to understand why its not working...

I will not buy a second PI to run Pi-hole on it, from my point of view this is waste of ressources and energy... (even because I can not switch moode of and on again, so its up 24/7)

and the Pi Hole will create only very smal CPU usage.. so why not to integrate it?

Again, that can not be your job!
But after I found that you have added an integrity check which is blocking adaptions to the port, I have two options, commend this part out (will also work for me)
Or the pleace a feature request do have the GUI port in the settings included...

Maybe it´s also somehow "smarter" to allow a coexistance of other tools on the same hardware...

I will post when pi-hole is up and running and what to be adapted... actually I am strugeling with the DNS resolver but this is a pi-hole topic...

Boardy

(12-25-2018, 09:04 AM)Boardman Wrote: I will post when pi-hole is up and running and what to be adapted... actually I am strugeling with the DNS resolver but this is a pi-hole topic...

So its working again, the last thing I hadd to fix was the not starting dnsmasq - it was struggeling because wlan0 was not existing (on pi hole side) - I am not using wifi on the Pi so I took out this part again... and its up and running with mood 4.4 and pi-hole on the same Pi

cheers

Boardy