Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Update from 3.84 to 4.4 problem
When I try to install 4,4 with SD Image writer I only get version 3.84.
Tryed to delete all files on SD card and install again - same result.
What am I doing wrong?
Total newbie I.m afraid.

Regards
Thomas
Thomas,

Windows or Apple?

- Download v4.4 from the website (moode-r44.zip)
- Unzip this file onto your harddisk
- Try formatting your µSD card before using it (although normally not necessary). Deleting files won't help you!!
- If you use MS-Windows, use something like Win32DiskImager to write the unzipped file to your µSD card. This only takes a couple of minutes
- If you use Apple, sorry, don't know what to use…
- After successful writing, insert the µSD card into your RPi
- Boot your RPi
- Configure your system
- Enjoy the music…

Wink
 :@
Double posting... (don't understand how I do this…) :-(
 :@
Thank,s that is what I'm doing exactly. Windows. I think maybe there's something wrong with the SD-card. I will buy a new one and try again.
You probably need to delete the partitions on the uSD card before you format it, use Disk manager in windows....Moody makes 2 partitions on the card and when you format it your only formatting one and its tooo small to copy a new install to
(01-05-2019, 06:16 PM)Tompa59 Wrote: When I try to install 4,4 with SD Image writer I only get version 3.84.
What am I doing wrong?
Total newbie I.m afraid.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Whats the name of the .zip file you downloaded from moodeaudio.org?

What image writing utility are u using?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank's for Your input.
I think I will try to wipie the partitions on the SD-card.
Whwn I tried just formatting the card I got failure message.

Im using Win32 DiskImager and the file moode-r44.img.
(01-05-2019, 06:16 PM)Tompa59 Wrote: When I try to install 4,4 with SD Image writer I only get version 3.84.
What am I doing wrong?
Total newbie I.m afraid.

Regards
Thomas

One obvious way for this to happen is to write the r4.4 image to the SDcard as a file, leaving the previous version intact. 

I find the cross-platform utility BalenaEtcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher/) handy because it avoids this common error, because it lessens the change of writing to the wrong drive, because it validates the result of the flashing, and because the UI is the same in Windows and Linux. There's a macOS version as well, but I have no way of testing it.

Regards,
Kent