Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Instruction Guide Sound Tweaks Now on GitHub
I'll have an ear now, but as for installing that was easy, nice feedback on screen of what is happening, nice for idiots like me ready to mess things with the keyboard =) Good job!
BTW, and beside new image install of course, is it updateproof?
(07-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Malefoda Wrote: I'll have an ear now, but as for installing that was easy, nice feedback on screen of what is happening, nice for idiots like me ready to mess things with the keyboard =) Good job!
BTW, and beside new image install of course, is it updateproof?

Update proof,........hmmmmm

So far, but I can't guarantee it because I can't dictate what files Moode or Rasbian will replace with there updates. It's does survive your typical update.

I can say it's Earthquake proof though 100%
OK, so is there a way to check if it's activated like reading one parameter that have been changed?
(07-21-2019, 09:53 PM)Edward Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 08:59 PM)Edenmap1 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 01:48 AM)Edward Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 02:09 PM)Strider Wrote: Hey Edward,
A big thank you for your hard work in writing the code to improving sound quality,it really works for me and I'd like to congratulate you for your effort here!
Kind regards
Mark

Thank you Mark!

Enjoy!! Big Grin

Hello,

I just installed your sound tweaking modifications and my Moode 5.3.1 system with Mamboberry Dac+ sounds like it never sounded. More air around the players, more dynamics and larger, deeper soundstage. Sound floats around and over the speakers instead of being more closed in. I feel my Mamboberry DAC can finally show all its potential.

I do not know how you did it, but you must have passed many hours compiling and testing everything to get to these major improvements. 

I'd also like to congatulate you for your efforts and the impressing results!

Best regards from Canada (please forgive my sometimes shaky English as I'm a French Canadian  Smile ),

JP

Hi JP

Glad you are hearing a positive improvement in sound. Yes it did take a long long time to dial in those settings.....years.

Enjoy the music...your English is great. Love Canada....Toronto Caribbean Festival was my favorite.

~Edward
Hi Edward,

Sorry for that (very) late reply... 

Next time, I invite you to try Montreal during Summer. The Montreal International Jazz Festival is really excellent! Many other major musical events happen all Summer long, with Montreal, Quebec City and Mont Tremblant Festivals amongst the best.

Keep up the good work!

JP
Thanks @Edward for your great job. Your Tweaks ist fantastic, great sound.
Good evening!
Has anyone tried this on Pi4B w/ moode6.41?
I tried it several moths ago on a Pi3b w/ 5.x and it worked fine.
Thanks!
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
Hi Edward!
installed tweak last night to Pi4 w/ 6.41. Love the sound but cannot play radio today.
"MPD Error
Failed to decode
Stream XXX : CURL Failed Couldn't connect to server"

Any ideas?
As far as I know radio worked fine yesterday!
Thanks
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
It seems to be a network issue - my other moode install is also not playing radio - still investigating.
Edward tells me he is unable to post here? Anyone know what thats about?
MG
moOde project does not support these OS modifications. Support questions should be posted to the maintainers Git repo.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub