Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to run other applications accessing sound devices?
(03-16-2019, 07:20 PM)chbla Wrote: It would make sense to have this on the same Rasperry PIs as they are positioned well and would make a great
assistant.

I agree.

Snips.ai is a great voice assistant (with one of its advantages being that it can be run entirely offline) and since Moode clients are already connected to the audio system, it seems only natural to run Snips.ai and Moode on the same devices.

I currently run Snips.ai on a Raspberry 3B+ and Moode on separate Raspberry Pi Zero Ws in various rooms. 

In my opinion, a great setup would be Moode and a Snips.ai base on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ in one room and Raspberry Pi Zero Ws running Moode and acting as Snips.ai satellites in the other rooms.  An action would then be required to also be able to voice control Moode with Snips.ai.

Imagine this:

"Hey Moode, play Purple Rain by Prince". Moode has Spotify configured as its primary music source and plays Purple Rain from Spotify in the room where the voice command was received.

"Hey Moode, start with Let's Dance by David Bowie and play it everywhere". Moode starts the requested Spotify song radio and plays it on all Moode clients across the house.

Think about how awesome it would be for all parties involved if the Moode developer was able to team up with the people at Snips.ai and the librespot developers to make that happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to run other applications accessing sound devices? - by moode_user - 04-18-2019, 04:43 PM