Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to run other applications accessing sound devices?
(04-18-2019, 05:21 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: think about how awesome it would be if someone like you did the grunt work to integrate a voice assistant with moOde, posted the results to github, and created a pull request for Tim (and the moOde test team) to consider.

Ah, the good old friendly "it's open source, why don't you do it yourself instead of telling others what to do".

I am not a programmer. Basic things here and there I can code myself. I have done that in the past and shared the results with others. I certainly do not have the programming skills, though, to grab the moOde source code and write a suitable action in order to integrate Snips.ai.

Tim, the Snips.ai team and the librespot developers know their code inside out. If they like the "vision" that I shared, they are certainly the most qualified people to implement it with the least effort possible (in relative terms). Sharing the idea and bringing into discussion that they collaborate to realise it (provided they like it), is a perfectly reasonable thing to do and not an obscene act for which I need to be reprimanded, in my opinion.

If they do not like the idea or have other priorities or believe this would be as big of a task for them as it would be for a complete outsider who would need to familiarise himself with both code bases first - well, so be it. That is not my decision to make. I can offer to help with localising intentions, for example. Not enough? Ok. I am fine with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to run other applications accessing sound devices? - by moode_user - 04-18-2019, 07:33 PM