The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Playback from NAS doesn't work
Hi,

I moved from RuneAudio to moOde 5.2 and I purchased a Raspberry Pi 3B for the purpose.
I tried to connect my bluetooth speakers to the device. Connected without any issue and the pre-configured web radios played fine.
Then I tried to add SMB share (shared drive from my windows 10 PC) as I have a collection of around 3200 mp3 files there. I found that Pi could not detect my NAS by hostname. I installed winbind as following:

Code:
apt-get update

apt-get install winbind

apt-get install libnss-winbind
hosts entry in nsswitch.conf was edited to look like this
Code:
hosts: files mdns_minimal dns wins

This enabled NAS by hostname and the library started building. But the playback started behaving strangely. It would stop when I tried to play any file from NAS. Sometimes the playback started after around 5-7 after clicking on the play button, and that too played intermittently. The whole interface would stop responding and I had to ssh into pi and issue a shutdown command.

I believed winbind did something to the setup, so I burned a fresh image, didn't install wnbind this time and added the NAS using IP, but the issue persisted.
Next I suspected a fault in the Pi itself, so I installed RuneAudio, but that worked fine. So the Pi should be ok.

So back to moOde, I thought I should let the system complete the library refresh first, before attempting to play any file from NAS as by now I suspected that the library refresh clogged the system resources and caused the issue. But that didn't help either. The issue is still there, and I being no expert, am left with no option but to seek help on the forum.

Also, the last suspect was my NAS, but I think that can also be ruled out as I have another Pi 2B running RuneAudio, and a third one (Pi 2B again) running OSMC on the same netwok. The RuneAudio Pi reads from the same NAS and same shared drive whereas the OSMC system reads from the same NAS and a different shared drive. Both work perfectly.

Setup:
Raspberry Pi 3B
No I2S DAC, using bluetooth out to Sony SA-D20 speakers.
No local display connected, wifi not enabled.
Network connection through ethernet.

EDIT: Following lines in /var/log/mpd/log seem to coincide with the playback issue instances:
Code:
May 19 14:28 : player: played "http://strm112.1.fm/blues_mobile_mp3"
May 19 14:29 : player: played "http://strm112.1.fm/blues_mobile_mp3"
May 19 14:29 : player: played "http://strm112.1.fm/blues_mobile_mp3"
May 19 14:34 : player: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun

Hope there is something wrong that I did and that could be easily fixed. Request your help!

Thanks,
Jas.

Messages In This Thread
Playback from NAS doesn't work - by jass199012 - 05-19-2019, 07:13 PM