Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How do you see the library statistics?
(05-29-2019, 03:27 AM)swizzle Wrote: How do you have the files organized and are you creating playlists for specific shows that you’d subsequently use to bypass the file browser to queue up the audio? I would use Clear/Add on the first folder of audio you wanted to add, then Add for any subsequent folders. Tap the ellipsis button and save the playlist. If you want to add more audio to a specific playlist then you need to load it first but then adding more folders is easy, save the playlist again when done. 

I’m not sure if it’d work in your particular application and can’t test because I don’t collect untagged audio but try entering a show name or whatever other criteria you like in the folder view search field and that should pull up any matching audio (e.g. “gunsmoke” would list all files that matched, I think it’ll work with filenames), tap/click on the number at the top of the list (like “53 items”) and you can add those and bypass digging through the folders.

Yes, I bypass the file browser since there are 87K+ audio files and I want quick access to the ones I'm interested in.  They are organized in directories by show or topic.  Gunsmoke is a directory containing all the Gunsmoke shows and there is another one that is called FDR which contains all of the audio clips from Franklin D. Roosevelt and another that contains news clips from CBS, etc.  There are many directories that I have no interested in (I purchased a collection of OTR on a hard drive and it contains a LOT of shows.  Most are interesting but some are not).

I did end up using the Clear/Add on the folder and then saved the playlist, then cleared the playlist and did it again.  It a lot slower process than I had hoped though.

Thanks for the ideas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you see the library statistics? - by Mecworks - 05-29-2019, 10:31 PM