The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Any way to speed up the boot process - 5.3
HI All,

Over the various Version 5 versions, I have noticed an incredibly increase in booting up times.

For example, the system starts and boots very quickly to a login prompt, where it waits atleast 30 seconds, then starts up Moode.

As I have the official Raspberry Pi 7" screen attached, the screen does not show anything for over 2 minutes after that time.

However, after the screen blanks (once Moode starts to load after the login prompt), then the Web Interface is available within 5 secs of that which I can start playing songs (just the screen wont show anything for over the 2 minutes).

So firstly, there must be a setting for it not to wait at the login prompt for 30 seconds before launching Moode (I never saw this in V4) and secondly, why so long to display anything on the screen? Watching the processes, it seems that 2 minutes it isnt doing anything, then a chromium process starts and the screen is displayed. Also, while launching Moode, there is no excess memory or cpu usage. They are very low.

I have just upgraded to this version: 5.3.1 2019-06-12 but still the same boot up times.

Any config ideas? I looked into raspi-config, but there was nothing there to configure.

Thanks,
Rob
Pi 4B 2GB, HiFi Berry Digi+, Original 7" Raspberry Pi Screen, Ethernet Connected, Sandisk Ultra10 SD card, 5amp power supply (Drives the PI and Screen separately) streaming audio via NFS shares from QNAP NAS.

Messages In This Thread
Any way to speed up the boot process - 5.3 - by rb0135 - 07-21-2019, 02:35 AM