Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ERROR: Failed to open "ALSA default"
duracell80
(04-30-2020, 11:29 AM)derbraadwurst Wrote: But it partially works. I see my playlist playing. But still no sound. No error messages though
I also noticed that Max Alsa volume in
audio config is disabled? i can't turn the alsa volume up.  

In the config.txt file it says dtoverlay=hifiberry digi-pro or something, but i have the digi+ pro. have tried to
change it, but get a lot of errors

couldn't make heads or tails from the sudo raspi-confi.  i didn't know what to do

Hi, i tried your solution. (dtparam-audio=on)

But it partially works. I see my playlist playing. But still no sound. No error messages though
I also noticed that Max Alsa volume in
audio config is disabled? i can't turn the alsa volume up.  

In the config.txt file it says dtoverlay=hifiberry digi-pro or something, but i have the digi+ pro. have tried to
change it, but get a lot of errors

couldn't make heads or tails from the sudo raspi-confi.  i didn't know what to do

grtz jouri

What happens if you run alsamixer in the ssh window ? It might be worth starting with a fresh install, take off the DAC and reintroduce it slowly noting the changes you make and that might give some clues as to where alsa is messing up.

Well a friend helped me out. Seems my WM8804 was not working anymore on the digi+ pro board. He thought electrostatic discharge was the culprit. 

Thanks everyone

Messages In This Thread