The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thinking of making DAC
I've been making my own DAC's since the mid 90's.  For the last decade or so, I've been feeding my various audio systems with an Airport Express from iTunes.  I use TOSLink on my DACs.  A few years ago, I made a semi-modern DAC to replace my tube based DAC from the turn of the century (I've been wanting to say that for a while now).  Here's my latest DAC:

http://getinthewoodchipper.com/?p=302

It uses a CD8416 decoder chip to get from TOSLink or SPDIF to I2S.  I then have an Asynchronous Sample Rate Converter (CS8421) to deal with jitter issues.  Finally I'm using a CS4398 DAC chip which feed a pair of nickel core Lundahl LL1690 output transformers which act as the output stage.  IT's a very good sounding and music DAC.  

I'm planning on refining it to allow a rPi to be plugged in and powered to it as a daughter card.  Any interest in this project. 

Sheldon

PS  Also First Post!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Thinking of making DAC - by stokessd - 04-06-2018, 11:13 PM
RE: Thinking of making DAC - by Tim Curtis - 04-06-2018, 11:58 PM
RE: Thinking of making DAC - by stokessd - 04-08-2018, 12:38 AM
RE: Thinking of making DAC - by energyi - 04-07-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: Thinking of making DAC - by yannig - 06-24-2018, 05:23 PM