The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Is there a way of editing the MPD database direct?
Hi,

For a long boring reason which I won't go into here I can't store my library in the traditional folder structure. I instead have it as a list of files in one folder. The format is Artist - Title.wav

I can see the few files that have embedded metadata are picked up fine  - for the same boring reason above I can't actually have embedded metadata either and am slowly removing the tracks that do, so that's not a route forwards for me either.

MPD scan doesn't parse the filename in absence of any other metadata, and I end up with a load of entries that have the title as the filename and artist field as "song file". 

Editing individual entries will be arduous, the library numbers 18,000 tracks, and I already have comprehensive metadata stored elsewhere.  So to avoid repeating all the work I've put in over the years I'd like to simply import this existing metadata into MPD's database directly via the usual methods, either direct writing, csv import or whatever.  

The issue here is the lack of information about MPD's database, what format it is, how to see and edit the database direct.  I realise the risks of this but as my metadata is securely stored and backed up by a pretty substantial metadata editing system I'm less worried about breaking the MPD side of things as I can delete and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Simon

Messages In This Thread
Is there a way of editing the MPD database direct? - by shardwick - 08-18-2019, 02:57 PM