Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

RPi3B+ and Allo Boss 1.2 = no WiFi
(10-12-2019, 10:44 PM)rongon Wrote: .............. snip ..............................

I'm running Moode 4.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an Allo Boss DAC 1.2. I can't use the Pi headless like that because neither my smartphone nor my tablet detect the Moode AP unless I disconnect the Boss DAC HAT. I got a replacement Boss DAC 1.2 thinking the first one may have been defective.................. snip ....................... I got a 5VDC 4A power supply................................... snip .......................... I subsequently purchased a Topping D10 USB DAC, removed the Boss DAC 1.2 and installed the Topping DAC instead. Now the Moode AP is visible to my phone and Moode works headless. That tells me the problem is with the Boss DAC 1.2 (later version) in this setup............... snip..............

After using two ALLO BOSS v1.2 HAT DACs with the same RPi unit the suspicion would normally fall upon the Allo BOSS v1.2 HAT DAC v1.2 for acting like a Faraday cage of sorts BUT @vinnn' s previous post appear to negate this conclusion (albeit without any detail on what RPi model and MoOde version)...

Still... have you tried:
- running the RPI+HAT DAC combo out of ANY enclosure
- a newer, say, the latest MoOde version (v 4.4 is based on an old Raspbian version)
- (ultimately) an addon USB WiFi device

I would understand if you'd rather not carry on further testing as you are now happily using an USB DAC.

Messages In This Thread
RPi3B+ and Allo Boss 1.2 = no WiFi - by rongon - 10-12-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: RPi3B+ and Allo Boss 1.2 = no WiFi - by vinnn - 12-08-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: RPi3B+ and Allo Boss 1.2 = no WiFi - by CallMeMike - 12-09-2019, 06:52 AM