Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode in Google Nest Hub
It seems likely the Wikipedia path would be pretty useless from what I read about it. Even if the editors tolerated a moOde entry in Wikipedia I suspect it would have to link to moodeaudio.org. It's vaguely conceivable that a moode.local link on moodeaudio.org could be resolved properly by the Chrome browser hidden in the Hub's Fuschia O/S. Even if this double-indirection hack works it sounds fiddly to me.

Of course you could simply link your Google Hub to your moOde player via Bluetooth and then, using the existing Google Hub actions, select and play tracks from YouTube Music, Spotify, Pandora. 

Being a Google device, the Hub also provides Chromecast output. The last time I looked there weren't any useful open-source implementations of the Chromecast receiver functions. Without these, Tim can't turn moOde into a Chromecast renderer.

It's also possible to consider moOde as an IoT device and write moOde-specific actions for Google Home/Hub to execute. Maybe some enterprising IoT soul has already written Google Home actions to control MPD at least. It seems likely they would be pretty limited in functionality. I don't know enough about the Hub to know if one could coerce a useful display on it in this use-case.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Moode in Google Nest Hub - by ferdzb - 10-30-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Moode in Google Nest Hub - by grasshopper - 10-31-2019, 12:50 PM
RE: Moode in Google Nest Hub - by TheOldPresbyope - 10-31-2019, 02:54 PM