Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID?
@Leigh

I've been trying to wrap my head around what you said

Quote:I have a new Wifi Access point upstairs now and keep it with the same SSID as the router downstairs so that the mobile phones automatically switch between them without getting stuck on one or the other until the signal is zero

However, some of the RPi Moode Squeezelite boxes keep connecting to the upstairs wifi access point and then they are not visible to LMS

Tim's suggestion certainly works to ensure a connection only to a chosen AP [1], but it sounds like you may have an underlying issue with your home network configuration if there are visibility problems.

Regards,
Kent

[1] for those who like techie details: 

I have only a single AP running at the moment, but it was easy to edit the already configured wpa_supplicant.conf file on one of my moOde players and reboot. Using the BSSID worked a treat. 

As the discussion in the referenced link points out, this only works if the PSK is used and not the plaintext passphrase. Tim changed moOde to use the PSK beginning at version 6.0.0 so this is not an issue. However (!), the PSK depends on the SSID, the passphrase, and the specific client host, so it has to be pre-computed on each moOde player which is to use the BSSID.

Messages In This Thread
How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID? - by Leigh - 12-07-2019, 11:35 PM
RE: How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID? - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-08-2019, 04:04 PM