Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bluetooth not working with Chromebook
Sorry, I think you may have mistaken me for someone who cares about PulseAudio. Don't wish to disappoint, but no.

Not sure what "many, many problems with RPi and Bluetooth" refers to. 

The RTP payload issue was widely discussed in https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa/issues/13 and there is a workaround referenced there. You can try rebuilding bluez-alsa if Tim doesn't already incorporate it. (Check the bluez-alsa build sequence in the moOde build instructions to see.) To reemphasize the point made in the discussion, the fault lies with PulseAudio, not bluez-alsa, hence the need for a workaround.

My Echo has moved on. Maybe if someone gives me a 3rd-generation Echo Dot to play with I'll revisit the issue since I've seen suggestions (no hard facts) it sports new and improved firmware, but other than the dubious fun of yelling selections at Alexa, streaming audio to a moOde player via Bluetooth from an Echo seems irrelevant in my house. (I'd love, however, to program an Echo to reply "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.")

Android devices like my Pixel 3A phone connect and stream to my moOde player just fine. That your Chromebook doesn't shows is yet another illustration how isolated different Google development teams can be.

Good hunting.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bluetooth not working with Chromebook - by TheOldPresbyope - 01-10-2020, 06:17 PM