The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Lightweight UI options
Hi guys,

This is more of an idea and a failed experiment of mine rather than a request for work but I thought I'd share.

There's been a few discussions on here about the time it takes for low power devices to render the web interface. Despite having a large-ish collection this is not a big issue for me but I've seen it happen on less than ideal hardware where you have one core pinned at 100% utilization when rendering the html.
The root of this seems to be the time it takes for the client to render the album column of a large unfiltered collection when switching to and searching within the tag view. Also when rendering a very large playlist in the now playing view.

I'm thinking there's a significant portion of client-side work that could be eliminated by not including the album art in the html. My thinking being that could make rendering and displaying the tag view noticebly faster on slow hardware if that was an option.
I'm a Linux/Unix/infrastructure guy but have no experience with javascript, still I've tried hacking about. I've tried to alter/remove stuff to do with albumart in the album list by amending scripts-library.js and flushing caches on a test Pi and quickly run out of talent as the albumart remained every time.

If the UI is noticeably sped up by removing flourishes like albumart in the tag view's album list and maybe some tag info in the active playlist maybe this could be a selectable option in Moode's config, like a "Basic" or "Lightweight" UI option for those who want to use an old phone or tablet as a control surface.

Messages In This Thread
Lightweight UI options - by vinnn - 01-10-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by TheOldPresbyope - 01-10-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by Tim Curtis - 01-11-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by vinnn - 01-12-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by Tim Curtis - 01-12-2020, 01:24 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by Tim Curtis - 01-12-2020, 06:43 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by vinnn - 01-13-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by swizzle - 01-17-2020, 08:54 AM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by mtnbrit - 02-15-2020, 01:39 AM
RE: Lightweight UI options - by Tim Curtis - 02-15-2020, 02:19 AM