The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Please don't hijack threads
An administrative plea for the new year-

There is no reason to hijack a thread on this forum. The forum software allows all registered users to post a new thread when they have a new subject/issue. Yet as I look through the past year of posts I see that time and again new subjects/issues were introduced on existing threads. When this is done, it's more difficult to follow a particular discussion and it's more difficult to search the forum later for useful information.

There are plenty of examples but for specificity consider Tim's "moOde 6.4.0 bug reports" thread. So far, this thread has 124 posts. Only a few of these posts have identified a bug in 6.4.0. In addition, there have been occasional update posts to this thread by Tim as he works toward 6.4.1. The majority of the 124 posts to this thread are *not* 6.4.0 bug reports but posts and rounds of responses about this and that. Meh.

Please create a new thread when you have an issue. Don't hijack threads and don't revive dead threads. The worst that can happen is a respondent will provide a link to an existing thread. The best that can happen is all of the posts on this thread stay on topic.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Please don't hijack threads - by TheOldPresbyope - 01-12-2020, 02:16 AM
RE: Please don't hijack threads - by Norbert - 01-12-2020, 11:39 AM