The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Intermittent loud ticks and no-audio using Spotify
Hi,

I wonder what the cause could be that Spotify Connect creates loud speaker-killing ticks/pops/clicks now and then when selecting another song.

Other problems, but perhaps related (ALSA mixer controlling problem?), occur when switching between Airplay and Spotify Connect modes. When switching between those playing modes strange unpredictable states introduce, when no audio comes through or only when the volume is set way up high.
A workaround that sometimes seems to prevent this from happing, but not permanently, is to switch back to play on the device (iPhone/iPad) itself and then to the other desired mode.
If I change the MDP Config > Audio Device > Volume Control setting into Software I have the idea that I get slightly better results, but not satisfying either. In that case the ticking is still there. Switching from Spotify Connect mode to Airplay audio is now possible, but not backwards, then no audio. I noticed that after doing that, Airplay is still on (selected), which should not be as Spotify Connect is not Airplay. Sometimes I have to pause/play to hear music although it is still running (not minding that, just some more info).

If I then try the workaround trick to play over the device and then to Spotify Connect I sometimes heard nothing for 2 seconds, then a loud tick, then music.

I have no experience with other DAC boards on the Raspberry Pi, but the one that we have here is: HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro XLR

I am a professional sound engineer. Please feel free to ask questions to more reproduce the problem or if I need to go through some settings. I already tried a few but no change. I would like to attach one of those sexy System Parameter reports but I do not know how to produce one. Thanks for letting me know.

Messages In This Thread
Intermittent loud ticks and no-audio using Spotify - by basmeyer - 01-16-2020, 02:19 PM