The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Correct sample rate USB DAC
Hello to all. 
First i want to thanks for this amazing software. Really amazing where audio is right now.

I searched a lot and couldnt find this issue. 

So, i´m using the last version os Moode (6.4.2) on a RPi 4 (4GB). I´m also using it as a Roon endpoint (via ethernet). I´m using the RPi 4 connected to a Acoustic Research AR-UA1 usb DAC. The DAC is recognized and i can send audio to it. The issue is that i really don´t know if the DAC is playing the correct sample rate or not. The DAC has a litlle LED that indicates the sample rate being played. 
On Windows (wasapi and asio) i always get the right color but on the RPi4 i always get the same color regardless of the sample rate played. 
Example: Windows - 88khz file - get a blue color (correct)
              RPi4       - 88Khz file - get a green color (its the default color and also means 48khz)
In the example above, i have to mention one thing. When i start playing the 88khz on the RPi4 i get the blue color for half a second and then it defaults to green. The music still plays and no dropouts or similar. Is i play 192Khz is the same. Correct color for a brief moment and then gree. 

On the Moode info it says that a 88Khz is being send to the PRPi4. And using the command cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params says the same. 

So i assume the correct sample rate is going out the RPi4, but why the DAC is not showing me the correct sample rate? Maybe the DAC is playing in the correct sample rate and the colors doesnt work correctly on Linux...but i would like to be sure of that. 

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Correct sample rate USB DAC - by BBporto - 02-14-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by Tim Curtis - 02-14-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by BBporto - 02-14-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by Norbert - 02-14-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by BBporto - 02-14-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by Norbert - 02-15-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by Rinaldi - 02-29-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Correct sample rate USB DAC - by Tim Curtis - 02-29-2020, 11:12 PM