Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Cannot set up USB hard drives
(02-18-2020, 01:53 PM)Cymbal Monkey Wrote: Upon formatting my hard drive, taking it down to only one partition, I actually got the hard drive to read! Success! However, no matter how many times I update MPD, only some of the hard drive's music ends up in the browse menu. I can dig through the files on the hard drive if I dig thought the USB path in the list view, and I can play things from there, but they're not added to browse view, which is kind of a pain. Any idea what's going on here?

Also, my hard drive doesnt' spin down, which is concerning.

Yay, music! 

I'm not sure what was going on with your multi-partition drive. In my example, I used a thumb drive with one vfat and two ext4 partitions and all three were found.

If tracks are missing it's likely due to MPD objecting to metadata formatting. Check the MPD log at /var/log/mpd/log. The default log level is "default" which may not result in enough detail, though. Have a look, e.g., at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mus...leshooting, especially the Note in the section "MPD hangs on first startup".

I don't have any insight into the spin-down issue, sorry.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Cannot set up USB hard drives - by Cymbal Monkey - 02-16-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: Cannot set up USB hard drives - by vinnn - 02-16-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Cannot set up USB hard drives - by DRONE7 - 02-16-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Cannot set up USB hard drives - by Tim Curtis - 02-17-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: Cannot set up USB hard drives - by TheOldPresbyope - 02-18-2020, 02:12 PM