The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

loud audio glitch between tracks and on stream stop
Hi Team, Im getting a nasty full level audio glitch sometimes between tracks and when pausing a FLAC streaming radio. My configuration is rPi3b+1G with digi+pro hat. SPDIF direct into speakers. I use software volume control and SoX set to 96k/24bit very high quality.

Any thoughts where to look or how to proceed to eliminate factors and narrow down the cause?

My hunch is either the software volume or SoX doesnt like having the stream cut off suddenly, or sudden change in source sample rate, or both. Of course it should handle these events gracefully while outputting constant SPDIF stream. Maybe it should apply a short cross-fade to the output while it re-syncs to the new Fs.

Messages In This Thread
loud audio glitch between tracks and on stream stop - by mtnbrit - 03-26-2020, 09:04 PM