The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: slow interface on android phone with a small collection
Hi all,

I am new to Moode and have just set it up on a RP4 2GB. I use a Sandisk ultra class 10 microSD and have my modest collection of ~400 albums consisting of 4,500 tracks, mostly mp3s on a 128GB Sandisk extreme pro 3.1 usb stick.

On my PC it works really well but on my android phone it is very slow and laggy and chrome often crashes. I have read other posts on here from people with the same issue but they generally have much larger collections and others with smaller collections say they do not have problems.

I have not yet tried swizzle's recommendations
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...033&page=2

My andoid phone is an honor 9 lite. It's not the most modern but I have never had issues like this before. It has 4gb RAM.

I was wondering if the way I have my cover images might be affecting things. Most album folders have both a folder.jpg and .folder.png file (due to whatever music software i was using in the past). The jpg file is ~50% smaller than the png. New albums just have a jpg.

Another issue is that the USB stick gets very hot, too hot to keep holding tightly, even when no music is playing. This suggest that Moode is reading the collection all the time. That can't be right. Does anyone else have this issue? Perhaps I should ask that in a separate post.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. I really the design of moode. The UI is very beautiful and natural and I would like to be able to stay with it.
Thanks to the developers for all their efforts!

Best,
Sean

Messages In This Thread
slow interface on android phone with a small collection - by s_mury - 04-13-2020, 08:58 AM