The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: bitrate mismatch: airplay in, BT-W2 out
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD4.50BTNC Bluetooth headphones which have served me well. They implement the aptX codec so I found a Creative Labs BT-W2 USB-Bluetooth adapter which also implements the aptX codec. This device works automagically with moODe, as I reported 18 months ago in the FAQ and Guides section. I've enjoyed lots of good listening whether directly via the moOde/MPD renderer, or via the Spotify renderer, or via the UPnP renderer, or... 

...oh, wait, there's a fly in the ointment. This combo is incompatible with the Airplay renderer (rather, with the Shairport-sync code which implements the renderer). This was a moot issue for me until I recently started using an iPad to access the Amazon Music Service and wanting to listen using headphones instead of speakers at night.

From the Shairport-sync README (and as reflected in the bitrate choices in moODe's Spotify Airplay config):

Quote:Output frame rates of 44,100, 88,200, 176,000 or 352,000 frames per second.

while looking at the USB-W2 capabilities via alsacap

Code:
Card 1, ID `W2', name `Creative Bluetooth Audio W2'
 Device 0, ID `USB Audio', name `USB Audio', 1 subdevices (1 available)
   2 channels, sampling rate 48000..48000 Hz
   Sample formats: S16_LE
   Buffer size range from 96 to 262144
   Period size range from 48 to 131072

Practically, that 44.1KHz vs 48KHz incompatibility results in good sound continuously interrupted at a sub-second interval. The motor-boating effect is utterly unlistenable, especially with headphones.

Any suggestions for slipping in a rate conversion somewhere? Since this renderer bypasses MPD, the MPD SOX resampling capability is of no direct help, of course.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
bitrate mismatch: airplay in, BT-W2 out - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-06-2020, 02:40 PM