Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: USB DAC working only in two ports
(05-16-2020, 10:30 PM)andybri Wrote: @CallMeMike
I'm sorry, but i haven't another pi nor another dac. Likely another dac would be the solution.
The problem appeared at the beginning, then i switched to another port and all worked.
At this point, i've tried all the ports, and i've found that only two ports are working.
Every port change was made at shutdown and restart.

@TheOldPresbyope
Ok, my dac is not the best, is a much older version compared to the dac tested by Amir, is not usb powered and have its own power supply (9v dc), but my goal was to understand why the same dac, in the same conditions, works in two ports and not in the others two. If i will found another power supply, i'll let you know if it makes any change.
Waiting for better times and better dac Rolleyes , i can live also with this dac plugged in the lower usb3 port. Smile

Were I you, at this point I'd present your conundrum to the Raspberry Pi gurus on the Raspberry Pi Forum. The likelihood that we moOde enthusiasts can figure out why only these two ports work on the RPi4B is aproximately zero.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
USB DAC working only in two ports - by andybri - 05-15-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: USB DAC working only in two ports - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-16-2020, 11:42 PM