Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: controlling usb device via mpd?
(06-29-2020, 03:59 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Firstly the heat, I and others use the superb Argon-one case. With moode usage the temperatures are very low.
Just to make sure I get you: you're saying the temp is very low, given that you use the argon-case, right? Not just that the temp is low with moode in general (cause to me it seems to be pretty warm, although it only reached throttling temps when I was installing)

(06-29-2020, 03:59 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: I'm interested in your comment about the ipod classic... I have a 5th Gen one with rockbox installed (I've found it and it's charging so will investigate later)  but what is the usage for 'sd-card' you mention ?

I switched the old harddisk out for a micro-SD by using Tarkan's iflash. Makes your ipod way lighter, prolongs battery life (although you can also upgrade that) and makes it possible to extend the memory all the way up to 1TB. You're welcome to pm me if you need any info.

(06-29-2020, 03:59 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: You could, alternatively, just wire a button for safe shutdown (and a led indicator too perhaps)...
Mhmm, as far as I understand I can't do the old wire thing because I've added a HAT (the hifiberry) on the 40-pin connection. Have I got something backwards?

---

Thanks for your prompt reply and all the excellent ideas. If I simplify my question it might be easier for you or others to answer:

Can I plug a USB drive with music to the RPi4 usb port (and unplug it when needed without having to do the setup again) and play/control the music on the drive through mpd/moode web ui?

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
controlling usb device via mpd? - by tordenhaand - 06-28-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 03:59 AM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by tordenhaand - 06-29-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 08:38 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by jonners - 06-29-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-29-2020, 11:01 PM
RE: controlling usb device via mpd? - by DRONE7 - 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM