Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode uses 'Album artist' instead of Artist
(07-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Giga88 Wrote: Hello,
I have searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to this particular question.

The problem I have is that Moode uses Album artist instead of Artist to populate and sort the column Artist.
Unfortunately, this is an old problem: some programs use Artist exclusively, some Album Artist and the best allow you to choose. 
I cannot change or swap these tags since this would break the libraries of other programs - I guess nobody would do that if it is a large library.

My question is: is there any way at all to order the library by  Artist (since this is what you choose in the settings) instead of Album Artist? 
In a settings file, maybe?

Thanks

As @vinnn mentioned the Album Artist tag has preference over the Artist tag. Typically a collection would be tagged such that Album Artist = Artist unless the album is a compilation in which case the Album Artist tag is set to the string "Various Artists" or "Compilation". There is an option in moOde to set this string.

You could use a tagging program to set the Album Artist tag like I described above or you could provide an example of how your collection is tagged and make the case for implementing a new option in moOde that supports it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moode uses 'Album artist' instead of Artist - by Tim Curtis - 07-06-2020, 05:30 PM