The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Backup and restore configuration across versions
Provide a means of downloading and uploading configuration settings (as a single file -- .ZIP, .tgz, .xml, .txt, .bin, etc. -- don't care) through the browser interface.  That way, users could first backup the settings on their current moOde installation and then restore them on a new version that requires a fresh installation.  

I understand that new versions of moOde will likely have some additional settings and will remove some settings that exist in older versions. But I'd rather not have to recreate everything from scratch (or screenshots).  It would make fresh installations much easier if the settings that could transfer 1-to-1 would do so.

That would be a big time savings for me as my settings are significantly different than default and I'm dealing with a NAS login, password, and path, and WiFi SSIDs and keys (I have two in my home on 2.4 and 5GHz).  I'm sure that others have invested as much, or more, time in configuring their versions of moOde and this would help them, too.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess

Messages In This Thread
Backup and restore configuration across versions - by Miss Sissy Princess - 07-06-2020, 07:21 PM